Transition profile with variable anchoring leg
Schlüter-RENO-V is a special profile with an adjustable arm for creating stepless transitions between floor coverings of different heights, for example at the transition between tiles and carpet, to prevent trip hazards. RENO-V also effectively protects the edges of the adjacent floor coverings. The joint spacer creates a uniform joint cavity with the tile.
What this product does
Schlüter-RENO-V is a special profile with an adjustable arm for creating stepless transitions between floor coverings of different heights, for example at the transition between tiles and carpet. The movable transition arm, via a ball-and-socket joint, allows the profile to adjust to the height of the adjacent covering. This eliminates trip edges between coverings of different heights. RENO-V also effectively protects the edges of the adjacent floor coverings. The joint spacer creates a uniform joint cavity with the tile.
Schlüter-RENO-V is also suitable for heavy-duty applications (e.g. entrances to garages or loading docks). In such cases, the adjustable arm is back-filled with mortar.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-RENO-V according to tile thickness.
- At the edge areas of the tile covering, apply the tile adhesive with a notched trowel.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of Schlüter-RENO-V into the adhesive and align.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1 mm lower. Full coverage must be obtained at the profile area.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1.5 mm.
- Fill the joint completely with grout. Place the adjustable arm onto the adjacent covering and, if applicable, adhere with silicone or similar. For areas exposed to heavy loads, back-fill the adjustable arm with mortar.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-RENO-V is available in the following materials:
- A = aluminium
- AE = anodised aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of material must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schlüter-RENO-AV is made of aluminium and must be tested to verify its suitability if chemical exposure is expected. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation). Adhesive or grout residue must therefore be removed immediately from visible surfaces.
Schlüter-RENO-AEV, made of anodised aluminium, has an anodised surface finish that will not change under normal circumstances. The surface, however, must be protected from abrasion. Tile adhesive, mortar and grout can scratch the surface of the profile; therefore, any residue must be removed immediately. Otherwise, the description regarding aluminium applies.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-RENO-V requires no special maintenance or care. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.