Schlüter-KERDI-SHOWER-LTS Sloped tray for linear drainage positioned on the wall
Quick and secure creation of a necessary slope for floor level showers – it's easy with our KERDI-SHOWER polystyrene sloped trays. KERDI-SHOWER-LTS is the sloped tray of choice for KERDI-LINE-H or -V linear drainage positioned on the wall. It can be laid on a levelling layer and, in the case of vertical drainage, directly on the load-bearing substrate.
A wide variety of dimensions and shapes (square and rectangular) allow you to choose the plate that best suits the local conditions. But that's not all: cutting grooves are provided on the back of the tray for easy cutting with a utility knife. On the front you will find our KERDI waterproofing membrane pre-applied.
General product information
What this product does
Schlüter-KERDI-SHOWER-LT is a sloped tray made of compression-resistant expanded polystyrene (EPS). It was developed for use with the matching linear drainage system Schlüter-KERDI-LINE (see product data sheet 8.7). The Schlüter-KERDI waterproofing membrane is laminated directly onto the shower tray, which has a sufficiently sloped surface.
For intermediate installation of a horizontal linear drainage, a customised sloped board is installed on both sides of the linear drainage, or on one side in case of wall installation. For this purpose, a levelling layer made of screed or bound fill must be created on a load-bearing substrate in advance. The assembly height of the levelling layer has to match the corresponding shower tray.
The installation of Schlüter-KERDI-LINE-V for vertical drainage enables low assembly heights from 24 mm.
Individual dimensions can simply be cut to size with a utility knife, using the pre-marked cutting grooves. Depending on the application at the construction site, the sloped tray can be used with the corresponding, load-bearing substrates (e.g. wooden studs, vertical drain, mortar substrate etc.).
The available base dimensions include:
(drainage is always situated on the first-listed side)
- 100 x 100 cm - wall installation
- 122 x 122 cm - wall installation
- 139.5 x 139.5 cm - wall installation
- 91.5 x 139.5 cm - wall installation
- 91.5 x 183 cm - wall installation
- 96.5 x 193 cm - wall installation
- 136.5 x 200 cm - wall installation
- 193 x 96.5 cm - wall installation
- 100 x 100 cm - intermediate installation
- 122 x 122 cm - intermediate installation
- 139.5 x 139.5 cm - intermediate installation
How to install this product
For further details see product data sheet 8.7 Schlüter-KERDI-LINE.
- To install KERDI-LINE-H with a horizontal drain and odour trap, start by precisely fitting the channel support and channel body. The components can be adhered with thin-bed mortar, provided the substrate is level and height-adjusted.
- Properly install the levelling layer (compressive strength >= 0.3 N/mm²) on the weight-bearing substrate. Make sure that the upper edge of the levelling layer is situated approx. 24 mm below the linear drainage. If using bound fillings, it may be advisable to apply spackle prior to installing the tray, depending on the condition of the substrate. The respective manufacturer’s specifications must be observed.
If impact sound insulation is required, install suitable sound insulation underneath the levelling layer and KERDI-LINE-H (e.g. KERDI-LINE-SR) together with the corresponding edge strips.
- To install the vertical linear drainage KERDI-LINE-V, adhere the sloped tray directly on a suitable substrate at the appropriate height.
- Notch the sloped tray at the pre-marked cutting grooves with a utility knife, depending on the selected dimension of KERDI-LINE.
Then embed the sloped tray fully in thin-bed mortar to be flush with the KERDI-LINE channel support. Slide the small groove of the adjoining sloped tray surface laterally below the flange.
- Now attach the KERDI collar that is pre-adhered at the linear drainage to the adjoining waterproofing of the sloped tray, using the sealing adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L.
- Tiles can be installed in the thin-set method as soon as the bonded waterproofing assembly has been completed (see also product data sheets 8.1 Schlüter-KERDI and 8.4 Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L). No curing time is required.
- To install the tiles, apply the dry setting thin-bed mortar directly on the KERDI waterproofing membrane and then fully embed the tiles in the adhesive.
Note: Only system-certified thin-bed mortars approved for KERDI may be used in areas where KERDI waterproofing assemblies must meet the requirements of national technical approval (abP) or CE conformity. Please contact us for further information about such adhesives.
- Other coverings such as coatings, vinyl and similar materials can be installed in principle, but are not described in further detail here and may require additional clarification. Our Technical Department will be pleased to offer recommendations on request.
What this product is made from
The sloped tray is made of compression-resistant expanded polystyrene (EPS). A KERDI waterproofing membrane is laminated on the surface of the sloped tray.
Schlüter-KERDI is a waterproofing membrane made of soft polyethylene with a special fleece fabric surface for effective anchoring in tile adhesive and other covering materials.
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-KERDI-SHOWER-L assemblies, in conjunction with the linear drainage KERDI-LINE, are classified as K3 according to DIN EN 1253, Gullies for buildings. This class refers to areas without vehicle traffic, e.g. wetrooms in apartments, nursing homes, hotels, schools, and public washroom and shower facilities. The floor area can withstand normal foot traffic, regardless of the tile dimensions. An additional load distribution layer or larger tile formats should be installed if higher traffic loads, e.g. from wheelchair use, are expected. The suitability of KERDI-SHOWER-L must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical and/or other stresses.