Creating direct or indirect lighting effects, for example in niches or shelves: this works quickly and easily with the U-shaped LIPROTEC-LL carrier profile. The profile made of anodised aluminium can fit the following LED strips:
- LIPROTEC-ES 11 (warm white), 12 mm wide
- LIPROTEC-ES 21 (neutral white), 12 mm wide
- LIPROTEC-ES 9 (several hues controllable), 15 mm wide
Furthermore, together with the LIPROTEC-WSI diffuser lens, you can achieve a light line – for maximum design freedom.
- Walls in interior spaces
- Shower walls
What this product does
Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LL is a carrier profile made of anodised aluminium for the attachment of Schlüter-LIPROTEC-ES LED strips. The profile is designed to create accent lighting in the form of linear light in wall coverings.
Niches or shelf constructions and elements can also be particularly emphasised with LIPROTEC-LL. Direct or indirect light effects are created according to the positioning of the profile.
For lighting, the selected LIPROTEC-ES LED strip is adhered within the U-shaped profile and covered with the corresponding diffuser lens. The diffuser lenses and LEDs used with all profiles of the LIPROTEC series can be replaced even in installed condition.
Matching end caps are available as accessories.
A KERDI-BOARD-K mounting module is available for easy installation. It is equipped with pre-milled grooves for fitting the profile or the LIPROTEC-ZKK cable ducts.
Note: LIPROTEC-LLP is a pre-assembled LED module made from a flexible, encapsulated LED strip with homogeneous light distribution and LIPROTEC-LL attachment profile (see product data sheet 15.8 Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLPM/-LLP/-LLPE).
How to install this product
Note: Please observe the corresponding Schlüter-LIPROTEC installation instructions for installing the lights and for planning and positioning the cables.
- Install the tile covering to the height at which Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LL is to be installed as a light line.
- The cable conduit is drilled through the profile and deburred.
- Adhere LIPROTEC-LL with the Schlüter-KERDI-FIX installation adhesive or an equivalent material. A line of adhesive is applied to the rear, external surface of the profile, which is then positioned. Remove any substances that may inhibit bonding, such as grease etc. prior to applying the installation adhesive.
- Remove any excess adhesive using a suitable cleaning product.
- Set the adjacent row of tiles.
- Leave a joint of approx. 1.5 mm up to the profile. Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Residue of mortar and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
- Use mitre cuts for corner formations.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LL is available in the following materials:
- AE = anodised aluminium
- PMMA = Polymethyl methacrylate
Material properties and areas of application
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
LIPROTEC-LL (anodised aluminium):
The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching.
Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation). For this reason, remove adhesive or grouting material immediately from all visible areas and do not cover freshly installed coverings with foil.
LIPROTEC diffuser lenses are made of a slightly structured, translucent thermoplastic PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate). Alcohol (e.g. rubbing alcohol) as well as detergents with a surfactant content over 5% can cause damage to the diffuser lens.
Note: The profiles with their diffuser lenses must be positioned so that no water can collect inside.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LL requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Alcohol (e.g. rubbing alcohol) as well as detergents with a surfactant content over 5% can cause damage to the diffuser lens.
Due to minor heat development of the LED strips used in the profile, the expansion of the profile and the utilised diffuser lens may differ.