To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Schlüter-QUADEC-AC Finishing profile made of colour coated aluminium
Schlüter-QUADEC-AC is a high-quality colour coated aluminium finishing profile for external corners and the edges of tiled coverings. The visible area of the profile forms a right angled external corner. The joint spacer creates a uniform joint cavity with the tile.
The profiles are available in different colours to coordinate with tile and grout, fixtures and fittings or to create interesting accents in decorative design. The rich texture of the matte finishes brilliant white (MBW) and graphite black (MGS) offers a timelessly elegant appearance that perfectly complements classic tiles and stylish new designs with textured finishes. In addition to their decorative effect, QUADEC-AC profiles also offer reliable edge protection against mechanical impact for the tiles in the edge area.
Matching corner pieces and connectors are available to create simple and elegant connections for QUADEC-AC profiles to internal and external corners.
- Also available in 3 m
- Radius perforation
- MyDesign Printing
- MyDesign RAL color
General product information
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-QUADEC-AC according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If QUADEC-AC is to be installed in an exterior wall corner, complete the tiling of one wall, then apply tile adhesive in the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of QUADEC-AC firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the profile chamber with tile adhesive.
- Solidly embed adjacent tiles and adjust flush with the profile’s upper edge. Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. Fill the joint completely with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially on aluminium.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-QUADEC-AC is available in the following materials:
- AC = colour coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified.
The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-QUADEC-AC (colour coated aluminium): The aluminium is pre-treated (chrome-plated) and powder-coated with a polyurethane covering. The coating is colour-stable, as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible edges should be protected against abrasion.
Note: Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-QUADEC-AC requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.