To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Schlüter-FINEC-AC Finishing profile made of colour coated aluminium
Schlüter-FINEC-AC is a decorative ﬁnishing proﬁle made of colour coated aluminium for the external edges of tile coverings, mosaics or rendered surfaces which forms an elegant, slim corner detail to create discreet edge finishes. In addition to the decorative effect, the profiles also effectively protect covering edges and tile edges from mechanical damage.
Matching corner sets are also available for all our FINEC-AC profiles, making it easy to create decorative and neat corner designs.
- MyDesign RAL color
General product information
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-FINEC-AC in accordance with the tile thickness (the aluminium profile with a height of H = 2.5 mm was specifically developed for edging tile to plaster/rendered finishes).
- Press the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg of the profile firmly into the adhesive and align it (in the case of adjoining plaster or render place the anchoring leg on a suitable adhesive area first).
- Trowel additional tile adhesive over the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
Corner formation with FINEC-AE/-TS/-AC/-E:
The adjoining tiles in the area of the profile must be chamfered by 45°.
When creating 3 way external corners, always start by embedding the pre-fabricated parts of the corner set in the tile adhesive. The following work sequence must be observed:
- left corner piece (1 trapezoid perforation),
- right corner piece (2 trapezoid perforations),
- lower corner piece (3 trapezoid perforations),
- cut profiles to size and set them in place.
What this product is made from
The profile is available in the following finishes:
- AC = colour coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-FINEC is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes. In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
FINEC-AC (colour coated aluminium):
The aluminium is pre-treated (chrome-plated) and powder-coated with a polyurethane covering. The coating is colour-stable, as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible edges should be protected against abrasion.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-FINEC-AC requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.