Schlüter-RONDEC-MC Rounded finishing profile made of chrome-plated brass
Schlüter-RONDEC-MC is a symmetrically rounded finishing proﬁle made of brass with a chrome plated ﬁnish. In addition to their decorative effect for external wall corners and edges of tile coverings, RONDEC-MC profiles also offer reliable edge protection against mechanical impact for the tiles in the edge area. RONDEC-MC is also suitable for creating transitions, corners or skirtings with other covering materials such as carpet, parquet, natural stone or epoxy resin finishes.
Matching corner pieces are available for RONDEC-MC profiles to create simple and elegant connections to internal and external corners.
General product information
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-RONDEC-MC according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If RONDEC-MC is used at external wall corners, finish tiling one wall first; then apply tile adhesive to the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of RONDEC-MC firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the rounded cavity with tile adhesive.
- Solidly embed adjacent tiles and adjust them flush with the profile’s upper edge. Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. In the case of stainless steel, brass and PRG profiles, a joint of approx. 1.5 mm is recommended. Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially on aluminium.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
The profile is available in the following materials:
- MC = chrome plated brass
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-RONDEC is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes.
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-RONDEC-MC (chrome plated brass) is a finishing profile that is especially well suited for wall corners and transitions. It is ideal for matching chrome fixtures in bathrooms. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Remove adhesive and grout residue immediately.
Note: Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-RONDEC-MC requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.