Drainage channel with drainage grate
The safety and durability of your balcony or terrace assembly depends on the effective drainage of accumulating water. Our Schlüter-TROBA-LINE system products guarantee this drainage and at the same time ensure low-barrier design with lower assembly heights.
Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TLR-E is a drainage channel for larger loads comprising a perforated, U-shaped lower part of stainless steel and an upper drainage grate of polished stainless steel. Any accumulated water reaches the drainage level through the openings of the drainage channel and flows to the drainage channel between the waterproofing assembly and the covering.
Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TLGR-E features a closed base to help channel the water to a lateral exit point.
What this product does
The waterproofing assemblies of balconies and terraces frequently lack sufficient height to connect smoothly to fixed building components, door elements or walls.
According to DIN 18531-5, Part 8.6, waterproofing assemblies must rise 15 cm above the top edge of the covering.
That means door connections need a 15 cm threshold to comply with this standard. However, flat roof building guidelines make an exception in door areas if the drainage is ensured with appropriate measures. In such cases, the installation of TROBA-LINE establishes functional drainage with a low connection height.
It is also possible to create special structures for stepless transitions.
Supplementary system products
Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TL/H is a height adjustment insert that allows for the seamless height adjustment of the 40 mm perforated drainage channels TROBA-LINE-TL and TROBA-LINE-TLR/-TLR-E with a height of 0 to 40 mm.
TL2 H height adjustment of H = 0 - 20 mm
TL4 H height adjustment of H = 20 - 40 mm
Width: 75 mm / 110 mm / 160 mm
Length: 135 mm
In the event of higher traffic loads, e.g. from foot traffic or wheelchairs, it is recommended to use the reinforcement Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TL/V for 110 and 160 mm widths.
Height: 20 mm / 40 mm
Length: 0.75 m / 1.0 m / 1.5 m / 2.0 m
How to install this product
- Balconies or terraces must feature a functional and sloped waterproofing assembly.
- Place TROBA-LINE-TLR-E on spots of mortar or use the height adjustment TROBA-LINE-TL/H in the area of door elements or wall connections to prevent the accumulation of water. When installing TROBA-LINE, make sure that the number of mortar spots or the height adjustments supporting TROBA-LINE-TLR-E are appropriate for the anticipated stresses. To ensure proper water drainage, place mortar only under a part of the channel.
- As a general rule, TROBA or TROBA-PLUS should be installed over the waterproofing assembly as a surface drainage and protection mat. Regardless of the covering system, be sure to leave a sufficiently large drainage space above the waterproofing assembly to safely channel the water through TROBA-LINE-TLR-E to the drainage exit.
- Multiple channel elements can be connected with the supplied U-shaped brackets. These U-shaped brackets can also serve as end caps.
- The screed or other selected covering assembly can now be installed in such a way that it abuts the properly aligned TROBA-LINE-TLR-E.
Depending on the anticipated stresses, it may be necessary to install the reinforcement Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TL/V for the drainage channels TROBA-LINE-TL and -TLG in the widths 110 mm and 160 mm.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TLR-E /-TLGR-E have a bottom and grate made of rollformed perforated stainless steel V2A (material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304).
Material properties and areas of application
The suitability of the selected drainage elements for a specific project in the respective width (75 mm, 110 mm, 160 mm) must be verified based on the anticipated water volume and mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Stainless steel is particularly well suited for applications that, in addition to heavy mechanical stresses, require resistance to chemicals such acidic or alkaline detergents. Even stainless steel is not resistant to all chemical stresses, and may be affected by hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations. In certain cases, this also applies to seawater pools. Special anticipated stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-TROBA-LINE-TLR-E requires no special maintenance or care. The drainage channel should be cleaned as needed and kept free of debris that can cause clogging. The upper component can be removed for cleaning out the lower section. We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.