Schlüter-KERDI-LINE-F Complete set for horizontal linear drainage
The horizontal drain set Schlüter-KERDI-LINE-F with its assembly height of only 60 mm is especially well suited for renovation and modernising projects. The linear drainage for floor-level showers allows for intermediate installation in floors and at wall areas and is connected securely to the bonded waterproofing assembly with its integrated Schlüter-KERDI waterproofing collar.
- Corner seal (for lateral wall connection)
- Channel body with KERDI collar and channel support
- Lip seal
- Drain body with odour trap
Of course, we also offer the matching grate and frame combinations, for example KERDI-LINE-STYLE or KERDI-LINE-A.
General product information
What this product does
Schlüter-KERDI-LINE is a multi-piece, linear drainage system for creating floor-level showers with ceramic tiles, natural stone or coatings.
It consists of a formed stainless steel channel body with a grate and frame structure, which can be seamlessly adjusted to the floor covering thickness using the supplied installation aid in the set. The frame structures are available in two versions. You can choose between a profile frame with a 10 mm wide visible surface in a brushed, polished or powder-coated finish or a contour frame.
Schlüter-KERDI-LINE-F with a horizontal forward facing drain features an odour trap integrated in the drain body.
- 0.45 l/s
Water trap height:
- 25 mm
Channel support height:
- DN 40 = 60 mm
In the case of KERDI-LINE-H 50 and -H 40, the channel body is inserted into precisely fitting polystyrene channel support for quick and easy installation. Due to the drain design, the channel body and channel support of KERDI-LINE-V, -H 50 G2 and KERDI-LINE-F are permanently connected.
KERDI-LINE can be universally used for intermediate installation in floors or at wall areas.
Length of KERDI-LINE-F linear drainage:
- 50 cm to 120 cm, in increments of 10 cm
The perimeter of the channel body consists of an adhesive flange with a pre-adhered KERDI collar.
It ensures the reliable connection of the channel body to the bonded waterproofing assembly, both in the floor area and on upright walls.
In conjunction with the waterproofing systems Schlüter-KERDI, Schlüter-DITRA, Schlüter-DITRA-HEAT or Schlüter-KERDI-BOARD and the matching system adhesives Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L or Schlüter-KERDI-FIX, installers can create certified bonded waterproofing assemblies with connecting linear drainage.
Note: Schlüter-KERDI-LINE and frame assemblies must be installed with cement-based tile adhesives. The use of acetic-crosslinking silicone is not permissible on channels, frames and grates.
KERDI-LINE is a system component that complies with the German waterproofing standard DIN 18534. Together with the above-listed Schlüter-Systems it has general technical approval (abP) in Germany.
Please refer to the respective product data sheets for information about the moisture exposure classes according to abP. KERDI-LINE is a system component with European Technical Assessment (ETA) according to ETAG 022 (watertight covering kits). Schlüter products tested together with KERDI-LINE bear the CE mark.
Schlüter-KERDI-LINE-GTO is an odour trap with a silicone dry flap. It can be installed instead of a two-piece odour trap and prevents odours in situations when infrequent use of the drain (in guest bathrooms, holiday homes etc.) could result in the water in the odour trap unit from evaporating. With a drain capacity of 0.45 l/s (according to DIN EN 1253), the waterless odour seal can also permanently replace the standard odour trap unit, for example to prevent inadequate venting in the drain system (cannot be combined with KERDI-LINE-F / -VS / -VOS).
Due to the variable drain construction, KERDI-LINE-H 50 G2, -V 50 G2 and KERDI-LINE-F require the installation of a sloped screed. The surface of the screed must be waterproofed with Schlüter-DITRA (see product data sheet 6.1) or DITRA-HEAT.
Schlüter-SHOWERPROFILE-S and -R (see product data sheet 14.1) are supplementary components for creating a floor or wall connection. SHOWERPROFILE-S has a triangular design to conceal the sloped lateral edges of floor level showers. Waterproof the surrounding walls with Schlüter-KERDI (see product data sheet 8.1) or create a bonded waterproofing assembly with Schlüter-KERDI-BOARD (see product data sheet 12.1).
How to install this product
Installation with low assembly height:
KERDI-LINE-H, -H 50 G2 and -F are designed to provide horizontal drainage to a floor level. KERDI-LINE-F with its low assembly height of only 60 mm is especially well suited for restoration and modernising projects. If drainage through a floor level is possible, a product such as KERDI-LINE-V allows for an assembly height ≥ 24 mm.
Horizontal forward facing drain with low assembly height
- Place the supplied channel support on the outlet of the channel body (note positioning).
- Then attach the drain body.
- Apply thin-bad mortar on the level and plumbed substrate and position the channel support. In case of uneven surfaces or for height adjustment, you can also position the drain body precisely over adequately spaced spots of mortar or on a full levelling layer. In case of wall installation, align the channel body to match the thickness of the wall covering. For intermediate installation, use the supplied filling strip to symmetrically align the channel support.
- Then connect the drain body to the existing drain pipe of the structural drainage system. Adjust the channel body with the spirit level and perform a leak test.
- Now install the sloped screed (2%) of the shower floor, working toward the precisely installed KERDI-LINE-F that has been adjusted with the spirit level.
- Use thin-bed tile adhesive to firmly adhere DITRA (recommended notched trowel size: 3 x 3 mm or 4 x 4 mm) to the screed surface as soon as it is ready to bear weight.
Tiles adhered over DITRA must have a size of at least 5 x 5 cm (see also product data sheet 6.1).
- To attach the KERDI collar, apply the sealing adhesive KERDI-COLL-L (see product data sheet 8.4) to the adjoining waterproofing assembly, using a 3 x 3 or 4 x 4 mm notched trowel and fully embed the KERDI collar in the adhesive. The curing time of the adhesive must be observed. Create and tightly seal the wall connections with KERDI-KEBA sealing tapes and KERDI-COLL-L.
Installation at upright lateral wall
- Cut the KERDI collar to size for the corner area.
- Tightly adhere the KERDI collar with KERDI-COLL-L. Cut the supplied internal corner piece Schlüter-KERDI-KERECK to size.
- Adhere it with KERDI-COLL-L.
What this product is made from
The channel bodies to a length of 120 cm are made of formed stainless steel V4A (material no. 1.4404 = AISI 316L). The channel bodies have an adhesive flange with a pre-adhered KERDI collar. This material is a waterproofing membrane of soft polyethylene with a special fleece fabric laminated on both sides.
Depending on the type, the drain bodies are made of high-impact resistant polypropylene (PP) or acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS).
The odour trap is made of fibre-reinforced polypropylene (PP).
The channel support is made of high impact resistant, expanded polystyrene (EPS).
Material properties and areas of application
The channel bodies, frames and grates are classified as K3 according to DIN EN 1253, Gullies for buildings. This class refers to areas without vehicle traffic, e.g. wetrooms in apartments, nursing homes, hotels, schools, and public washroom and shower facilities.
Channel bodies, frames and grates are suitable for wheelchair traffic.
KERDI-LINE in the brushed stainless steel V4A version (material no. 1.4404 = AISI 316L) is especially suitable for applications requiring resistance against chemical exposure and high mechanical stresses.
Even stainless steel of quality 1.4404 is not resistant to all chemical stresses such as hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations.
In certain cases, this also applies to seawater pools. The suitability of a proposed floor drain system must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical and/or other stresses. Aggressive cleaning products should not be used.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
The set includes a special cleaning brush with instructions for simple periodic cleaning of the odour trap and the channel body.
All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of mortar residue.
Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces (especially for EP = polished stainless steel).
We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.