Decorative insert for ARCLINE profiles
Modern bathroom design: Our special decorative inserts Schlüter-ARCLINE-DEL add an elegant touch to the profiles Schlüter-ARCLINE-APE and -APW. The decorative inserts are available in four different colours to create interesting design contrasts or blended aesthetics with current tiling styles.
What this product does
Schlüter-ARCLINE-APW is a decorative wall profile for horizontal installation with a colour-matched decorative insert.
The decorative insert can be removed to reveal a shadow joint, which can accommodate the selected Schlüter-ARCLINE-BAK accessories as needed.
Schlüter-ARCLINE-APW features a visible area with a narrow receiving groove, either for ARCLINE-BAK accessories or for a Schlüter-ARCLINE decorative insert. Schlüter-ARCLINE-APW can be combined with Schlüter-QUADEC proﬁles for external wall corners.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-ARCLINE-APW according to tile thickness. Apply tile adhesive to the area where the profile is to be installed, using a notched trowel. Note: The corresponding profile installation height must be taken into account for the individual accessories; see product data sheet 2.20 Schlüter-ARCLINE-ACCESSORIES. We generally don't recommend installing the profile below a height of 70 cm.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of Schlüter-ARCLINE-APW firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the open profile chambers on the reverse side with tile adhesive.
- Firmly press the adjoining tiles into place and align them in such a way that the upper profile edge slightly extends over or is flush with the tile (the profile should not be positioned below the top level of the covering; preferably, it should protrude by approx. 1 mm).
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm.
- The pre-adhered decorative insert prevents the grout from entering the profile during installation. It must be removed immediately after grouting.
- You can now insert Schlüter-ARCLINE accessories or reapply the decorative insert after rinsing it off in clean water.
Installing ARCLINE accessories
- Check the proper placement of the rounded end into the latch.
- Place the accessory parallel to the wall with the latch in front of the receiving profile.
- Slowly tilt the accessory toward the top (up to max. 40°), while pushing lightly at the level of the receiving profile.
- The accessory audibly clicks into the receiving profile.
- Slowly bring the accessory in its final position by resting it against the wall.
- Snap the supplied decorative clip on the clamping profile between the wall and the glass support panel.
- Use two decorative clips if there are two clamping profiles.
- Optionally attach the supplied spacers (a. silicone spacer, b. suction cup) at the lower end of the accessory or the wall.
Note: To remove the accessory, take off the installed decorative clips with the supplied accessory lever and repeat the above steps in reverse order. In this case, slightly pull at the level of the receiving profile instead of pushing.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-ARCLINE-APW is available in the following materials:
- AE = anodised aluminium
- AC = colour coated aluminium
- TS = textured coated aluminium
- synthetic rubber (EPDM)
Material properties and areas of application
Anodised aluminium: the aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use.
Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation). Residue of adhesive, plaster or render should be removed immediately, especially from aluminium finishes.
Colour coated aluminium: The aluminium is pre-treated (chrome-plated) and powder-coated with a polyurethane covering. The coating is colour-stable, as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible edges should be protected against abrasion.
Textured finished aluminium: These finishes have a natural appearance (see colour coated aluminium for further properties).
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-ARCLINE-APW requires no special maintenance or care. Keep the receiving groove clean at all times to guarantee smooth installation of accessories at a later date. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces. Damage to the anodised surface can be restored with paint.