Decorative wall finishing and receptacle profile
Intelligent and flexible bathroom design done right: Our special wall finishing profile Schlüter-ARCLINE-APE is designed to form a narrow shadow joint at the edges of tiled shelves, external corner edges or skirtings. These shadow gaps can be used for our decorative inserts ARCLINE-DEL or for clicking in our designer bathroom accessories from the ARCLINE-BAK series.
What this product does
Schlüter-ARCLINE-APE is a decorative wall finishing profile for horizontal installation with a colour-matched decorative insert.
The decorative insert can be removed to reveal a shadow joint, which can accommodate the selected Schlüter-ARCLINE-BAK accessories as needed.
Schlüter-ARCLINE-APE features a visible area with a narrow receiving groove, either for ARCLINE-BAK accessories or for a Schlüter-ARCLINE decorative insert. Schlüter-ARCLINE-APE can be combined with Schlüter-QUADEC proﬁles for external wall corners.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-ARCLINE-APE according to tile thickness. Apply tile adhesive to the area where the profile is to be installed, using a notched trowel. Note: The corresponding profile installation height must be taken into account for the individual accessories; see product data sheet 2.20 Schlüter-ARCLINE-ACCESSORIES. We generally don't recommend installing the profile below a height of 70 cm.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of Schlüter-ARCLINE-APE firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the open profile chambers on the reverse side with tile adhesive.
- Firmly press the adjoining tiles into place and align them in such a way that the upper profile edge slightly extends over or is flush with the tile (the profile should not be positioned below the top level of the covering; preferably, it should protrude by approx. 1 mm).
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm.
- The pre-adhered decorative insert prevents the grout from entering the profile during installation. It must be removed immediately after grouting.
- You can now insert Schlüter-ARCLINE accessories or reapply the decorative insert after rinsing it off in clean water.
Installing ARCLINE accessories
- Check the proper placement of the rounded end into the latch.
- Place the accessory parallel to the wall with the latch in front of the receiving profile.
- Slowly tilt the accessory toward the top (up to max. 40°), while pushing lightly at the level of the receiving profile.
- The accessory audibly clicks into the receiving profile.
- Slowly bring the accessory in its final position by resting it against the wall.
- Snap the supplied decorative clip on the clamping profile between the wall and the glass support panel.
- Use two decorative clips if there are two clamping profiles.
- Optionally attach the supplied spacers (a. silicone spacer, b. suction cup) at the lower end of the accessory or the wall.
Note: To remove the accessory, take off the installed decorative clips with the supplied accessory lever and repeat the above steps in reverse order. In this case, slightly pull at the level of the receiving profile instead of pushing.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-ARCLINE-APE is available in the following materials:
- AE = anodised aluminium
- AC = colour coated aluminium
- TS = textured finished aluminium
- synthetic rubber (EPDM)
Material properties and areas of application
Anodised aluminium: The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use.
Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation). Residue of adhesive, plaster or render should be removed immediately, especially from aluminium finishes.
Colour coated aluminium: The aluminium is pre-treated (chrome-plated) and powder-coated with a polyurethane covering. The coating is colour-stable, as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible edges should be protected against abrasion.
Textured finished aluminium: These finishes have a natural appearance (see colour coated aluminium for further properties).
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-ARCLINE-APE requires no special maintenance or care. Keep the receiving groove clean at all times to guarantee smooth installation of accessories at a later date. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces. Damage to the anodised surface can be restored with paint.