Joining profile made of PVC
Schlüter-DILEX-BWA is a flexible plastic connection profile for joining tiled surfaces and existing coverings or structures, such as door and window frames. There is a 5 mm wide movement zone, made of soft CPE, to absorb occurring movements.
- Foot traffic
- Shopping carts
What this product does
Schlüter-DILEX-BWA is a pre-fabricated plastic movement joint profile used in tile installations to provide a flexible connection to fixed structural elements.
The perforated anchoring leg, made of recycled rigid PVC, is secured in the tile adhesive beneath the tiles. Epoxy resin, silicone, tile adhesive, etc. can be used to bond the dove-tailed channel of the profile (opposite the anchoring leg) to the existing structure. The 5 mm wide movement zone, made of soft CPE, absorbs occurring movements.
The lower soft zone is cut open to maximise the absorption of tensile stresses.
DILEX-BWA prevents sound bridges, thereby reducing sound transmission.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-DILEX-BWA according to the tile thickness.
- Trowel the tile adhesive along the edge area where the profile is to be installed.
- If required, fill the dove-tailed channel with epoxy resin, silicone, or similar to adhere the profile to the existing structure.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of the DILEX-BWA into the tile adhesive and adjust it securely against the existing building elements.
- Trowel additional tile adhesive over the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Solidly embed the tiles and align flush with the top of the profile.
- A joint of approx. 2 mm should be left between the tile and the profile.
- Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-DILEX-BWA consists of a perforated anchoring leg made of recycled rigid PVC, connected by a soft CPE top and bottom section to a dove-tailed channel, also made of recycled rigid PVC.
Material properties and areas of application
The material is resistant to most chemicals commonly encountered in tiled environments and is formulated to inhibit fungi and bacteria growth.
In special cases, the suitability of a selected material type must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses. The CPE movement zone of the profile is UV resistant and free of plasticisers.
DILEX-BWA is used in tile installations as a flexible connection to fixed structural components. Applications include window or door frames, thresholds, cupboard-wall connections, floor coverings against existing wall or dado coverings, etc.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-DILEX-BWA is resistant to fungi and bacteria and requires no special maintenance or care. It can be cleaned with regular household detergents when cleaning the tile covering.