Skirting profile with cable ducts
No more tangled cables on your floor covering: the skirting profile Schlüter-DESIGNBASE-CQ-AE is made of anodised aluminium and not only creates visually appealing skirtings, but also conceals various cables with its integrated chambers. In addition to optional accessories such as a cable outlet, the skirting profile comes with all necessary installation products. The profile can also be equipped with a sealing lip that is available as an accessory to protect the perimeter movement joint from moisture and reduce the transmission of impact sound.
- Skirting profile (anodised aluminium)
- PVC support profile
- Attachment material
The angled aluminium profile Schlüter-DESIGNBASE-CQ/SG offers the option to create a shadow joint.
What this product does
Schlüter-DESIGNBASE-CQ-AE is a profile made of anodised aluminium for creating skirtings with an integrated cable duct.
The profile is available in heights of 60 and 80 mm and is attached to the wall with its height-adjustable plastic supports. The integrated chambers of the height-adjustable support profile are designed to conceal multimedia cables such as HDMI, VGA, phone or network cables. The corresponding cable outlets are available as accessories. An optionally available aluminium angle allows for creating a shadow joint in flush-mounted assemblies. The appealing design of DESIGNBASE-CQ is a perfect match for the QUADEC and DESIGNLINE product families. The profile can be fitted with a sealing lip that is available as an accessory to protect the perimeter movement joint from moisture and to reduce impact sound.
A matching prefabricated metal part is available for easy, decorative design of internal and external corners and as an end cap.
How to install this product
Install Schlüter-DESIGNBASE-CQ on the wall as follows, using the spacers included in the package and the screw set.
- Place the spacers on the floor in front of the wall and position the support profile.
- If using the Schlüter-DESIGNBASE-CQ/Z sealing lip that is available as an accessory in the floor area, place the included spacers on top of the spacers positioned in the previous step. You also have the option to use the sealing lip as a finishing edge at the top of the profile.
- Trace the pre-perforated elongated openings on the wall. Use a drill (diameter 6 mm) to prepare 40 mm deep holes for the supplied wall anchors.
Note: The support profile may also be installed without height adjustment via the guide groove.
- The skirting profile can be supplemented with the angled shadow joint profile Schlüter-DESIGNBASE-CQ/SG (not included).
It is placed in the designated area of the support profile. It can also be attached to wall areas with the installation adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-FIX.
Immediately remove any excess adhesive with a suitable cleaning product.
- If using the sealing lip Schlüter-DESIGNBASE-CQ/Z, integrate it into the design profile before placing the design profile on the support profile.
If the sealing lip is installed in a corner, leave it slight longer in the area of the abutting profiles. Then use a utility knife to cut out a groove of about 10 mm for each side in the upper part of the sealing and to mitre the lower part of the sealing lip at a 45 degree angle.
- Now remove the spacers and evenly press the design profile on the support profile.
- Slide the corner pieces, if using, laterally into the profile.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-DESIGNBASE-CQ is available in the following material finishes:
- AE = anodised aluminium
- AEEB = stainless steel effect anodised aluminium
- AC = colour coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified.
The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
DESIGNBASE-CQ-AE/ -AEEB (anodised aluminium): The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation).
For this reason, remove adhesive or grouting material immediately from all visible areas and do not cover freshly installed coverings with foil.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-DESIGNBASE-CQ requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.