To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Finishing profile made of colour-coated aluminium in various colour options
Schlüter-RONDEC-AC is a finishing profile made of colour-coated aluminium for external wall corners of tile coverings. The outer surface of the profile forms a symmetrically rounded external corner in tile coverings. The integrated joint spacer forms a defined joint cavity with the tile. RONDEC-AC profiles are available in different colours to coordinate with tile and grout, fixtures and fittings or to create interesting accents in decorative design. In addition to their decorative effect, our aluminium profiles also offer reliable edge protection against mechanical impact for the tiles in the edge area.
RONDEC-AC is also suitable for creating transitions, corners or skirtings with other covering materials such as carpet, parquet, natural stone or epoxy resin finishes.
Matching corner pieces and connectors are available for RONDEC-AC profiles to create simple and elegant connections to internal and external corners.
- Also available in 3 m
- Radius perforation
- MyDesign Printing
- MyDesign RAL color
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-RONDEC-AC according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If RONDEC-AC is used at external wall corners, finish tiling one wall first; then apply tile adhesive to the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of RONDEC-AC firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the rounded cavity with tile adhesive.
- Solidly embed adjacent tiles and adjust them flush with the profile’s upper edge. Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially on aluminium.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
The profile is available in the following materials:
AC = colour coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-RONDEC is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes.
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-RONDEC-AC (colour coated aluminium): The aluminium is pre-treated (chromated) and powder-coated with a polyurethane covering. The coating is colour-stable, as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible edges should be protected against abrasion.
Note: Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-RONDEC-AC requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.