Schlüter-QUADEC-PQ Finishing profile made of coloured PVC
Schlüter-QUADEC-PQ is a finishing profile made of coloured PVC for external wall corners and the edges of tile coverings. The visible area of the plastic profile forms a right angled external corner. The joint spacer creates a uniform joint cavity with the tile. In addition to their decorative effect, QUADEC-PQ profiles also offer dependable edge protection against mechanical impact for the tiles in the edge area.
Matching pre-fabricated parts are available to create simple and elegant connections of QUADEC-PQ profiles to external corners.
General product information
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-QUADEC-PQ according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If QUADEC-PQ is to be installed in an exterior wall corner, complete the tiling of one wall, then apply tile adhesive in the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of QUADEC-PQ firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the profile chamber with tile adhesive.
- Solidly embed adjacent tiles and adjust flush with the profile’s upper edge. Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. Fill the joint completely with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially on aluminium.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-QUADEC is available in the following materials:
- PQ = coloured PVC
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-QUADEC is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes.
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified.
The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-QUADEC-PQ (coloured PVC) is made of pre-coloured, rigid PVC which resists bending or scratching. The material is UV resistant, although it is not permanently colour stable in exterior applications. The profiles are not suited for corners or transitions subjected to heavy mechanical stresses, e.g. at step edges or floor transitions.
Note: Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-QUADEC-PQ requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.