Sloped tray for centrally positioned linear drainage
Quick and reliable creation of a necessary slope for the appropriate drainage of barrier-free showers – it's easy with our KERDI-SHOWER polystyrene sloped trays. If you have opted for centrally installed linear drainage with KERDI-LINE-H or -V, you can use our KERDI-SHOWER-LT tray to easily create the necessary slope. The ready-to-tile, sloped trays are available in different dimensions and can also be individually cut to size with a utility knife thanks to pre-marked cutting grooves.
Note: The front of our sloped tray features the tried-and-tested and reliable KERDI waterproofing membrane. You can either install the sloped tray on a levelling layer to the drainage channel or, in the case of vertical floor drains, lay it directly on the load-bearing substrate.
What this product does
Schlüter-KERDI-SHOWER-LT / -LTS is a sloped tray made of compression-resistant expanded polystyrene (EPS). It was developed for use with the matching linear drainage system Schlüter-KERDI-LINE (see product data sheet 8.7). The Schlüter-KERDI waterproofing membrane is laminated directly onto the shower tray, which has a sufficiently sloped surface.
For intermediate installation of a horizontal linear drainage, a customised sloped board (KERDI-SHOWER-LT) is installed on both sides of the linear drainage, or on one side in case of wall installation (KERDI-SHOWER-LTS). For this purpose, a levelling layer made of screed or bound fill must be created on a load-bearing substrate in advance. The assembly height of the levelling layer has to match the corresponding shower tray.
The installation of Schlüter-KERDI-LINE-V for vertical drainage enables low assembly heights from 24 mm.
Individual dimensions can simply be cut to size with a utility knife, using the pre-marked cutting grooves. Depending on the application at the construction site, the sloped tray can be used with the corresponding, load-bearing substrates (e.g. wooden studs, vertical drain, mortar substrate etc.).
The available tray dimensions for wall installation include:
- 91.5 x 139.5 cm
- 91.5 x 183 cm
- 96.5 x 193 cm
- 100 x 100 cm
- 122 x 122 cm
- 136.5 x 200 cm
- 139.5 x 139.5 cm
- 193 x 96.5 cm
The available tray dimensions for intermediate installation include:
- 100 x 100 cm
- 122 x 122 cm
- 139.5 x 139.5 cm
(drainage is always situated on the first listed side)
How to install this product
For further details see product data sheet 8.7 Schlüter-KERDI-LINE.
- To install KERDI-LINE-H with a horizontal drain and odour trap, start by precisely fitting the channel support and channel body. The components can be adhered with thin-bed tile adhesive, provided the substrate is level and height-adjusted.
- Properly install the levelling layer (compressive strength >= 0.3 N/mm²) on the weight-bearing substrate. Make sure that the upper edge of the levelling layer is situated approx. 24 mm below the linear drainage. If using bound fillings, it may be advisable to apply spackle prior to installing the tray, depending on the condition of the substrate. The respective manufacturer’s specifications must be observed.
If impact sound insulation is required, install suitable impact sound insulation underneath the levelling layer and KERDI-LINE-H (e.g. KERDI-LINE-SR) together with the corresponding edge strips.
- To install the vertical linear drainage KERDI-LINE-V, adhere the sloped tray directly on a suitable substrate at the appropriate height.
- Notch the sloped tray at the pre-marked cutting grooves with a utility knife, depending on the selected dimension of KERDI-LINE.
Then embed the sloped tray fully in thin-bed tile adhesive to be flush with the KERDI-LINE channel support. Slide the small groove of the adjoining sloped tray surface laterally below the flange.
- Now attach the KERDI collar that is pre-adhered at the linear drainage to the adjoining waterproofing of the sloped tray, using the sealing adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L.
- Tiles can be installed in the thin-set method as soon as the bonded waterproofing assembly has been completed (see also product data sheets 8.1 Schlüter-KERDI and 8.4 Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L). No curing time is required.
- To install the tiles, apply the dry setting thin-bed tile adhesive directly on the KERDI waterproofing membrane and then fully embed the tiles in the adhesive.
Note: Only system-certified thin-bed tile adhesives approved for KERDI may be used in areas where KERDI waterproofing assemblies must meet the requirements of national technical approval (abP) or CE conformity. Please contact us for further information about such adhesives.
- Other coverings such as coatings, vinyl and similar materials can be installed in principle, but are not described in further detail here and may require additional clarification. Our Technical Department will be pleased to offer recommendations on request.
What this product is made from
The sloped tray is made of compression-resistant expanded polystyrene (EPS). A KERDI waterproofing membrane is laminated on the surface of the sloped tray.
Schlüter-KERDI is a waterproofing membrane made of soft polyethylene with a special fleece fabric surface for effective anchoring in tile adhesive and other covering materials.
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-KERDI-SHOWER-L assemblies, in conjunction with the linear drainage KERDI-LINE, are classified as K3 according to DIN EN 1253, Gullies for buildings. This class refers to areas without vehicle traffic, e.g. wetrooms in apartments, nursing homes, hotels, schools, and public washroom and shower facilities. The floor area can withstand normal foot traffic, regardless of the tile dimensions. An additional load distribution layer or larger tile formats should be installed if higher traffic loads, e.g. from wheelchair use, are expected. The suitability of KERDI-SHOWER-L must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical and/or other stresses.