To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Rectangular wall shelf
Need additional storage in a tiled area? The rectangular shelf Schlüter-SHELF-W is a great fit for any tiled wall surface. Thanks to their trapezoid perforated anchoring legs the shelves are not only extremely sturdy, but also stand out for their modern design. They are integrated into the tile assembly during tile installation and are not suitable for retrofitting. Schlüter-SHELF-W shelves have dimensions 30 cm × 11.5 cm. Matching designs are available in KERDI-LINE-STYLE and KERDI-DRAIN-STYLE drain grates meaning that a cohesive finish is easily achievable.
There are many choices when it comes to materials and appearance:
- Five design variants: FLORAL, CURVE, SQUARE, PURE and WAVE
- Brushed stainless steel or textured coated aluminium
- Textured coated aluminium: 8 TRENDLINE colours or 190 MyDesign RAL colours
- MyDesign RAL color
What this product does
Schlüter-SHELF is an integrated shelf solution - available in brushed stainless steel or aluminium with the premium TRENDLINE textured powder coating or in your preferred RAL colour - in the design variants FLORAL, CURVE, PURE, SQUARE and WAVE. It can be used as a storage shelf in all tiled wall areas (e.g., showers, tiled kitchen surfaces).
Schlüter-SHELF-W are rectangular shelves with two trapezoid perforated anchoring legs for adhesive bed installation in wall areas. These are integrated into the tile assembly during tile installation.
The anchoring legs and an application of silicone ensures optimum load transfer.
How to install this product
Area – integration only feasible as part of tile installation
- Since the 4 mm material thickness of the shelf is usually larger than the tile joint, the corresponding opening must be created in the coverings in the area of the shelf. To ensure a uniform joint appearance, we recommend creating this opening in the coverings below the shelf.
- Install the tiles to the height where SHELF-W is to be placed. Insert the 1 mm anchoring leg of the shelf into the adhesive layer of the newly installed tile. It is recommended to support the shelf until the tile adhesive has cured.
- Now continue the tile installation in the place where the upper anchoring leg is positioned.
- Once the grout material has set, apply a silicone bead around the shelf on all sides.
- Observe the curing time of the silicone bead before using the shelf.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-SHELF is available in the following materials:
- EB = brushed stainless steel V2A material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304
- TS = textured coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-SHELF is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes.
In special cases, the suitability of the shelf must be verified, based on the anticipated chemical or mechanical stresses.
The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-SHELF-EB is made of brushed stainless steel V2A (material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304). Stainless steel is particularly well suited for applications that, in addition to heavy mechanical stresses, require resistance to chemicals such acidic or alkaline media and detergents. Even stainless steel is not resistant to all chemical stresses, and may be affected by e.g. hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations. In certain cases, that also applies to seawater pools. Special anticipated stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
SHELF-TS (textured coated aluminium) features surfaces with a natural appearance. The aluminium is powder-coated with a polyurethane covering. The colour-stable coating is UV and weather-resistant. Visible edges should be protected against abrasion.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-SHELF requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion.
All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of mortar residue.