With light strips, you can also deliberately set accents, especially at wall corners or ceiling transitions. For this purpose, we have the carrier profile shown here in our range. It is made of high-quality anodised or powder-coated aluminium and can fit the following LED strips:
- LIPROTEC-ES 11 (warm white), 12 mm wide
- LIPROTEC-ES 21 (neutral white), 12 mm wide
- LIPROTEC-ES 9 (several hues controllable), 15 mm wide
In combination with the LIPROTEC-WSI diffuser lens, you can create an attractive light line.
It does not get any more flexible than this: you can either tile in the carrier profile directly or, thanks to the installation clips, you can also install it easily later.
- Inner corners of rooms
- External corners of rooms
- Walls in showers
What this product does
Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLE is a high quality attachment profile made of anodised or powder-coated aluminium for mounting the Schlüter-LIPROTEC-ES LED strips. The profile is designed to create accent illumination in the form of linear light at ceiling transitions, in wall coverings and in wall corners.
Matching end caps as well as internal and external corners in the respective finishes for retrofit installation are available as accessories.
For lighting, the selected LIPROTEC-ES LED strip is adhered within the profile and covered with the corresponding diffuser lens. The diffuser lenses and LEDs used with all profiles of the LIPROTEC series can be replaced even in installed condition.
Note: The illumination set Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLPE is a pre-assembled LED module made from a flexible, encapsulated LED strip with homogeneous light distribution and LIPROTEC-LLE as an attachment profile (see product data sheet 15.8 Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLPM/-LLP/-LLPE)
How to install this product
Please observe the corresponding Schlüter-LIPROTEC installation instructions for installing the lights and for planning and positioning the cables.
Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLE can be directly integrated into the tile assembly or retrofitted in wall corners with the Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLE-MK installation clips.
Direct installation (profile integration into tile assembly)
- LIPROTEC-LLE is suitable for tile thicknesses ≥ 8 mm.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the profile is to be installed, using a notched trowel.
Note: If the profile is to be installed to finish an external edge, the wall corner must be chamfered at a sufficiently large 45° angle.
- Completely fill the reverse side of the profile with tile adhesive.
- Now press LIPROTEC-LLE into the adhesive bed.
- Leave a joint of approx. 1.5 mm between the tile and the profile. Completely fill the joint with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Residue of mortar and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
- Use mitre cuts for corner formations.
Subsequent installation (with LIPROTEC-LLE/MK installation clips)
- Trace the elongated openings in the LIPROTEC-LLE/MK installation clip on the wall. Use a drill (diameter 5 mm) to prepare 35 mm holes for the supplied wall anchors.
Note: We recommend an installation spacing ≤ 50 cm for the installation clips. Use at least 2 installation clips for shorter profile pieces.
- Then press LIPROTEC-LLE evenly into the installation clips.
Note: For optimal profile attachment, the installation clips can be re-adjusted with pliers.
- For corner formations, cut the profiles to size in such a way that the inner profile surfaces are flush. Trim the diffuser lenses by approx. 9 mm on each side with a suitable tool before snapping in the corner.
Note: A small amount of light may be visible at the corners once installed. You can cover the area with a suitable material to conceal this light.
- The cable is installed over the end faces of the profile in places where a corner formation is planned.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLE is available in the following materials:
- AE = anodised aluminium
- AC = colour coated aluminium
- PMMA = Polymethyl methacrylate
Material properties and areas of application
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
LIPROTEC-LLE (anodised aluminium): The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use.
Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media.
Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation).
Remove adhesive or grout immediately from visible areas and don't cover freshly installed assemblies with a protective foil. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material to prevent water from accumulating in small cavities.
LIPROTEC-LLE (colour coated aluminium): The aluminium is pre-treated (chrome-plated) and powder-coated with a polyurethane covering. The colour-stable coating is UV- and weather-resistant. Visible edges should be protected against abrasion.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLE requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Alcohol (e.g. rubbing alcohol) as well as detergents with a surfactant content over 5% can cause damage to the diffuser lens.
Due to minor heat development of the LED strips used in the profile, the expansion of the profile and the utilised diffuser lens may differ.
Profiles retrofitted with the installation clips Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLE-MK are reversible, including corners and end caps, and can be reused in a different location.