Finishing profile made of anodised aluminium
Schlüter-FINEC-AE is a decorative ﬁnishing proﬁle made of anodised aluminium for the external edges of tile coverings, mosaics or rendered surfaces which forms an elegant, slim corner detail to create discreet edge finishes. In addition to the decorative effect, the profiles also effectively protect covering edges and tile edges from mechanical damage.
Matching corner sets are also available for all our FINEC-AE profiles, making it easy to create decorative and neat corner designs.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-FINEC-AE in accordance with the tile thickness (the aluminium profile with a height of H = 2.5 mm was specifically developed for edging tile to plaster/rendered finishes).
- Press the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg of the profile firmly into the adhesive and align it (in the case of adjoining plaster or render place the anchoring leg on a suitable adhesive area first).
- Trowel additional tile adhesive over the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
Corner formation with FINEC-AE/-TS/-AC/-E:
The adjoining tiles in the area of the profile must be chamfered by 45°.
When creating 3 way external corners, always start by embedding the pre-fabricated parts of the corner set in the tile adhesive. The following work sequence must be observed:
- left corner piece (1 trapezoid perforation),
- right corner piece (2 trapezoid perforations),
- lower corner piece (3 trapezoid perforations),
- cut profiles to size and set them in place.
What this product is made from
The profile is available in the following finishes:
- AE = anodised aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-FINEC is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes. In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-FINEC-AE (anodised aluminium): The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use.
Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media.
Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation).
Remove adhesive or grout immediately from visible areas and don't cover freshly installed assemblies with a protective foil. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material to prevent water from accumulating in small cavities.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-FINEC-AE requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.