Rounded finishing profile made of coloured PVC
Schlüter-RONDEC-PRG is a decorative profile made of coloured PVC for creating symmetrically rounded external corners in tile coverings and finished edges of tiled skirtings and coverings. In addition to their decorative effect, RONDEC-PRG profiles also offer reliable edge protection against mechanical impact for the tiles in the edge area.
Matching corner pieces are available for RONDEC-PRG profiles to create simple and elegant connections to internal and external corners.
- Also available in 3 m
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-RONDEC-PRG according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If RONDEC-PRG is used at external wall corners, finish tiling one wall first; then apply tile adhesive to the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of RONDEC-PRG firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the rounded cavity with tile adhesive.
- Solidly embed adjacent tiles and adjust them flush with the profile’s upper edge. Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. In the case of stainless steel, brass and PRG profiles, a joint of approx. 1.5 mm is recommended. Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially on aluminium.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
The profile is available in the following materials:
- PRG = coloured PVC
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-RONDEC is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes.
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-RONDEC-PRG (coloured PVC) is made of pre-coloured, rigid PVC which resists bending or scratching. The material is UV resistant, although it is not permanently colour stable in exterior applications. The profiles are not suited for corners or transitions subjected to heavy mechanical stresses, e.g. at step edges or floor transitions.
Note: Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-RONDEC-PRG requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.