Decorative border profile
Create decorative highlights for interior wall coverings with the special design profiles of our Schlüter-QUADEC-FS product range. The border profile made of aluminium is available in different finish options. Schlüter-QUADEC-FS has two visible surfaces, approx. 10 mm wide. The 50 mm open space of the profile can accommodate tiles to match the wall design or other materials as a contrasting insert. The range of proﬁles can be combined with the corresponding Schlüter-QUADEC proﬁles for external wall corners.
How to install this product
- Schlüter-QUADEC-FS can be used in flush assemblies with tiles that are thicker than 11 mm. If thinner coverings are used, the profile protrudes over the adjoining covering.
- Install the tile covering up to the location where Schlüter-QUADEC-FS is to be installed as a decorative strip. Apply a sufficient amount of tile adhesive to this location or the back of Schlüter-QUADEC-FS and embed the profile in such a way that the visible surfaces are flush with the adjoining tile covering or protrude evenly over it.
- Install the next adjoining row of tiles.
- A joint of approx. 2 mm should be left between the tile and the profile. Fill the joint completely with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Mortar and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
Note: Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-QUADEC-FS is made of aluminium and is available in a variety of anodised surface finishing options.
Material properties and areas of application
The suitability of Schlüter-QUADEC-FS must be verified based on the anticipated chemical stresses. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation). Adhesive or grout residue must therefore be removed immediately from visible surfaces. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material.
Schlüter-QUADEC-FS profiles have an anodised surface layer that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. The surface must be protected against abrasion.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
The visible surface of Schlüter-QUADEC-FS requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces. Damage to the anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.