To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Anodised aluminium cove shaped profile
Schlüter-DILEX-AHKA is a cove shaped anodised aluminium profile for internal wall corners, countertops and shelving with ceramic tile coverings. It is available in a variety of anodised finishes and can be connected to existing coverings on one side. The outer surface of the profiles forms a symmetrically rounded internal corner along the surface edge. The integrated joint spacer forms a defined joint cavity with the tile.
The wide range of available finishing options allow for decorative design for the respective tile colour and create interesting visual contrasts. In addition to their visual appeal, they simplify the thorough cleaning of internal corners. DILEX-AHKA is also the perfect choice for combination with other Schlüter profiles that have the same surface finish. These include our DESIGNLINE borders and the finishing profiles from our RONDEC and RONDEC-STEP series (for kitchen countertops).
Matching pre-formed pieces are available to create elegant connections to the profiles at internal and external corners.
- MyDesign Printing
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-DILEX-AHKA according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive, using a notched trowel, over the area where the profile is to be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of DILEX-AHKA firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional setting material over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Solidly embed the adjoining tiles and align them flush with the top edge of the profile. All tiles in the profile area must be solidly embedded.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of about 1.5 mm. Fill the joint completely with grout.
Note: Create a connection with an elastic material in sufficient width at internal corners where movements can be anticipated.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Mortar and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
Note: Due to the asymmetrical design of DILEX-AHKA, the use of internal and external corners is only feasible in the installation situation shown here. (see data sheet 4.21)
What this product is made from
Schlüter-DILEX-AHKA are made of aluminium featuring a variety of finish options.
- AE = anodised aluminium
- ACGB = brushed chrome anodised aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
The suitability of DILEX-AHKA should be reviewed based on the anticipated chemical stresses. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline. Since aluminium is sensitive to alkaline substances, exposure to the alkali (depending on the concentration and time of exposure) may result in corrosion (aluminium hydroxide formation).
Remove adhesive or grout immediately from visible areas and don't cover freshly installed assemblies with a protective foil.
Surfaces with an anodised surface layer retain a uniform appearance during normal use. They must be protected against abrasion.
Solidly embed the profiles in the setting material to prevent alkaline water from accumulating in small cavities.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
The visible surfaces of Schlüter-DILEX-AHKA require no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on sensitive surfaces. Damage to the anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.