To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Schlüter-BARA-RKK T-shaped finishing profile
Schlüter-BARA-RKK is a T-shaped finishing profile made of colour-coated aluminium developed for installation over finished sloped screeds. It has a short drip lip and is ideal for assemblies with our bonded uncoupling membrane Schlüter-DITRA. The closed outer edges of BARA-RKK give the exterior perimeter of tiled areas a neat appearance.
BARA-RKK can be ordered in colours individually chosen by you. Choose from 190 MyDesign RAL colours to add a touch of colour to your balcony or terrace.
- MyDesign RAL color
General product information
What this product does
Schlüter-BARA-RKK creates a neat finish and protects the exposed edges from weather influences and corrosion. The profile is installed in the edge area by adhering the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg with a dry setting thin-bed tile adhesive.
To create a bonded waterproofing assembly, attach Schlüter-KERDI with the sealing adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L or the installation adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-FIX, fully covering the perforated anchoring leg and the bonding flange. If using trowel-applied chemical materials for bonded waterproofing, follow the installation instructions of the respective manufacturer.
Thanks to the short design of the drip lip, BARA-RKK is particularly well suited for balconies and terraces with railings mounted on the front side.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-BARA-RKK according to the assembly height.
- As a finishing profile, BARA-RKK is embedded into the thin-bed mortar setting material with the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg aligned at the edge of the screed. Completely cover the anchoring leg with mortar. Seal the abutting joints of the profiles with the self-adhesive anchoring fleece Schlüter-BARA-HV.
- Install Schlüter-DITRA, abutting the anchoring leg. Apply the sealing band Schlüter-KERDI-KEBA to create the connection to the profile. Adhere the sealing band with an overlap of at least 5 cm over DITRA, covering the entire anchoring leg and up to the angled edge of BARA-RKK, using the sealing adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L or the installation adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-FIX. The tiles can then be applied directly using the thin-bed method, observing the installation instructions (see product data sheet for Schlüter-DITRA). Maintain a proper joint between the tiles and the anchoring leg of BARA-RKK, to be filled with elastomeric sealant.
- If using a trowel-applied waterproofing compound, integrate BARA-RKK into the waterproofing system by installing the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg in the exposed edge area. The waterproofing material must reach the angled edge of the profile. If using bonded waterproofing systems, observe the installation instructions of the respective manufacturer.
What this product is made from
The profiles are available in the following material version:
- AC = colour-coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
The coating of the aluminium profiles is colour-stable as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible surfaces should be protected against abrasion. In special cases, the suitability of Schlüter-BARA-RKK must be verified based on the anticipated chemical and mechanical stresses.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-BARA-RKK requires no special maintenance or care. The coated surface of the aluminium profile is UV-resistant and colour-stable. Damaged visible surfaces can be restored with paint.