Finishing profile made of colour coated aluminium
Schlüter-SCHIENE-AC are decorative profiles at an angle of 87 degrees made of colour-coated aluminium to finish and protect tiled external wall corners and other tiled edges, e.g. tiled skirting against mechanical impact. The joint spacer creates a uniform joint cavity with the tile.
The profile is suitable for use in interior spaces with minor mechanical stresses.
- Also available in 3 m
- Radius perforation
How to install this product
- Select the profile height according to the tile thickness and the installation method.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel.
- Press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of the profile firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional tile adhesive over the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Fully embed the adjoining tiles and adjust them in such a way that the upper lip of the profile is flush with the tile.
Note: The profile may slightly protrude or be recessed in the wall area to offset dimensional variations in the covering material. In floor areas, the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1 mm lower.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. In the case of profiles without joint spacer, a joint of approx. 1.5 mm is recommended.
- Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
What this product is made from
The profile is available in the following finishes:
- AC = colour coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of materials must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schlüter-SCHIENE-AC (colour coated aluminium) are only suitable for installation in wall coverings, where they provide durable and visually appealing edge protection.
Profiles for use in walls
The aluminium material of Schlüter-SCHIENE-AC is pre-treated (chrome-plated) and powder-coated with a polyurethane covering. The coating is colour-stable, as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible edges should be protected against abrasion.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
The profile requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces. Oxidation films on brass or aluminium may be removed with a common polishing agent; however, they do reoccur. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome polishing agent etc.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of mortar residue.
We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.