Schlüter-SCHIENE-AE Finishing profile made of anodised aluminium
Schlüter-SCHIENE-AE is a decorative profile at an 87 degree angle made of anodised aluminium to finish and protect tiled external wall corners and other tiled edges, e.g. tiled skirting from mechanical impact. The profile is available in a variety of anodised and refined finishes. The joint spacer creates a uniform joint cavity with the tile.
- Also available in 3 m
- Radius perforation
General product information
How to install this product
- Select the profile height according to the tile thickness and the installation method.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel.
- Press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of the profile firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional tile adhesive over the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Fully embed the adjoining tiles and adjust them in such a way that the upper lip of the profile is flush with the tile.
Note: The profile may slightly protrude or be recessed in the wall area to offset dimensional variations in the covering material. In floor areas, the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1 mm lower.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. In the case of profiles without joint spacer, a joint of approx. 1.5 mm is recommended.
- Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
What this product is made from
The profile is available in the following finishes:
- ACG = polished chrome anodised aluminium
- ACGB = brushed chrome anodised aluminium
- AT = satin titanium anodised aluminium
- ATG = polished titanium anodised aluminium
- ATGB = brushed titanium anodised aluminium
- AK = satin copper/bronze anodised aluminium
- AKG = polished copper/bronze anodised aluminium
- AKGB = brushed copper/bronze anodised aluminium
- AM = satin brass anodised aluminium
- AMG = polished brass anodised aluminium
- AMGB = brushed brass anodised aluminium
- ABGB = brushed antique bronze anodised aluminium
- AGSG = polished chrome black anodised aluminium
- AGRB = brushed chrome graphite anodised aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of materials must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schlüter-SCHIENE-A is suitable for installation in wall and floor areas.
Profiles for use in walls and floors
Schlüter-SCHIENE-ACG / -ACGB / -AT / -ATG / -ATGB / -AK / -AKG / -AKGB / -AM / -AMG / -AMGB / - ABGB / -AGSG / -AGRB (anodised aluminium): The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation). For this reason, remove mortar or grouting material immediately from all visible areas and do not cover freshly installed coverings with foil. Solidly embed the profile in the setting material to prevent alkaline water from accumulating in small cavities.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
The profile requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces. Oxidation films on brass or aluminium may be removed with a common polishing agent; however, they do reoccur. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint. Stainless steel surfaces develop a sheen when treated with a chrome polishing agent etc.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of mortar residue.
We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.