Stainless steel finishing profile for external wall corners
Schlüter-QUADEC-E is a premium stainless steel finishing proﬁle for external corners of tiled walls that offers excellent edge protection. As with all profiles of the QUADEC series, the visible area of QUADEC-E forms a right angled external corner for tile coverings. In addition to their decorative effect, the profiles also dependably protect tiles in the edge area from mechanical and impact stresses. The stainless steel finishing profile Schlüter-QUADEC-E is particularly resistant to wear when used as edge protection; which makes it a suitable choice as a transition profile, decorative insert or stair nosing.
Corner pieces, connectors and end caps are available for QUADEC-E profiles to create simple and elegant connections to internal and external corners.
QUADEC-E looks especially attractive in combination with the border profiles Schlüter-QUADEC-FS or Schlüter-DESIGNLINE.
- Also available in 3 m
- Radius perforation
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-QUADEC-E according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If QUADEC-E is to be installed in an exterior wall corner, complete the tiling of one wall, then apply tile adhesive in the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of QUADEC-E firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the profile chamber with tile adhesive.
- Solidly embed adjacent tiles and adjust flush with the profile’s upper edge. Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. In the case of stainless steel or brass profiles, a joint of approx. 1.5 mm is recommended. Fill the joint completely with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially on aluminium.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-QUADEC-E is available in the following materials:
- E = stainless steel
- V2A, material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304
- V4A material no. 1.4404 = AISI 316L
- EB = brushed stainless steel
- EP = polished stainless steel
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-QUADEC is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes.
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified.
The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-QUADEC-E is made of roll formed V2A (material no. 1.4301) or V4A (material no. 1.4404) stainless steel. Schlüter-QUADEC-E is highly durable and especially suited for application areas that must be resistant to chemicals and acids, such as the food industry, breweries, dairies, industrial kitchens, and hospitals as well as residential spaces. Depending on the anticipated chemical stresses, customers can choose between the alloy materials 1.4301 (V2A) or 1.4404 (V4A). The use of V4A is recommended if consistent exposure is expected, for example in the case of swimming pools (fresh water).
Even stainless steel of quality 1.4404 is not resistant to all chemical stresses such as hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations.
In certain cases, this also applies to salt water pools. The anticipated chemical stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.
Schlüter-QUADEC-E/-EB profiles in heights of 14/15 mm are not available with radius perforation.
Schlüter-QUADEC-EP profiles in heights of 15 mm are not available with radius perforation.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-QUADEC-E requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
The surfaces of stainless steel profiles can be polished with commercial chrome-polishing products.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of adhesive or grout residue. We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.