Schlüter-QUADEC-MC Finishing profile made of chrome-plated brass
Schlüter-QUADEC-MC is a premium chrome-plated brass finishing profile for external corners and edges of tiled coverings. The visible area of the profile forms a right angled external corner.
In addition to their decorative appearance, the profiles of our QUADEC-MC series are an especially good choice for protecting the edges of tiled coverings.
Matching corner pieces are available for QUADEC-MC profiles to create simple and elegant connections to internal and external corners.
General product information
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-QUADEC-MC according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If QUADEC-MC is to be installed in an exterior wall corner, complete the tiling of one wall, then apply tile adhesive in the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of QUADEC-MC firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the profile chamber with tile adhesive.
- Solidly embed adjacent tiles and adjust flush with the profile’s upper edge. Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. In the case of stainless steel or brass profiles, a joint of approx. 1.5 mm is recommended. Fill the joint completely with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially on aluminium.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-QUADEC-MC is available in the following materials:
- MC = chrome plated brass
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-QUADEC is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes.
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified.
The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-QUADEC-MC (chrome-plated brass) is a finishing profile that is especially well suited for wall corners and transitions. It is ideal for matching chrome fixtures. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Remove adhesive and grout residue immediately.
Note: Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-QUADEC-MC requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of adhesive or grout residue. We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.