Rounded edge profile with joint spacer
Schlüter-RONDEC-STEP-CT is a rounded finishing profile with joint spacer for countertops or shelves with ceramic tile coverings. The aluminium profiles, which are available in two different finishing options, allow for decorative design and create interesting visual contrasts. The exposed edge of our RONDEC-STEP proﬁle can reflect the colour of the surface and is also suitable for holding other decorative elements. In addition, the profile effectively protects the edges of tiles from mechanical damage.
Matching pre-fabricated pieces are available to create elegant connections to RONDEC-STEP-CT at internal and external corners.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-RONDEC-STEP-CT according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive, using a notched trowel, over the area where the profile is to be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of RONDEC-STEP-CT into the adhesive bed and align.
- Trowel additional setting material over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1 mm lower. All tiles in the profile area must be completely set.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1.5 mm.
- If using the open face area of RONDEC-STEP-CT, cut the width of the decorative insert to size and attach it with a suitable adhesive.
- Fill the space between the tile and the profile completely with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Grout and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-RONDEC-STEP-CT is made of aluminium and is available in a variety of anodised surface finishing options.
- AE = anodised aluminium
- ACGB = brushed chrome anodised aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
RONDEC-STEP-CT must be tested to verify its suitability if chemical exposure is expected. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media.
Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation).
For this reason, remove adhesive or grouting material immediately from all visible areas and do not cover freshly installed coverings with foil.
Solidly embed the profile in the setting material to prevent alkaline water from accumulating in small cavities.
RONDEC-STEP-CT profiles have an anodised surface layer that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. Protect the surface from abrasion or scratching.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
The visible surface of Schlüter-RONDEC-STEP-CT requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on sensitive surfaces. Damage to the anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.