Schlüter-SCHIENE-STEP-EB Decorative finishing profile without joint spacer
Schlüter-SCHIENE-STEP-EB is a high quality finishing profile made of brushed stainless steel without joint spacer. Thanks to its variable geometry, this profile can be used for a number of applications such as countertops, stairs, or to finish “tile on tile” restoration projects. In addition to the decorative properties of the profile, it effectively protects the edges of tiles from mechanical damage.
SCHIENE-STEP-EB is also suitable for stair steps in areas with heavy foot traffic. The profile is solidly embedded in the covering. Its geometry offers optimal protection of the stair nosing along with good visibility and a high level of safety. Matching internal and external corners are available as pre-fabricated parts for Schlüter-SCHIENE-STEP-EB.
- Radius perforation
General product information
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-SCHIENE-STEP-EB according to the tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the perforated anchoring leg will be placed, using a notched trowel.
- Press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of Schlüter-SCHIENE-STEP-EB firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional tile adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Firmly press the adjoining tiles into place and align them in such a way that the upper profile edge is flush with the tile (the profile should not protrude over the surface of the covering; preferably, it should be approx. 1 mm below the top level of the covering). The tiles must be fully embedded in the area of the profile.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. In the case of stainless steel profiles, a joint of approx. 1.5 mm is recommended.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Residue of grout and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
- The pre-fabricated parts for Schlüter-SCHIENE-STEP-EB should overlap the profile by at least 10 mm. They cannot be subsequently attached, but must be laterally inserted as part of the profile installation and adhered with spots of a suitable installation adhesive (Schlüter-KERDI-FIX).
What this product is made from
Schlüter-SCHIENE-STEP-EB is available in the following materials:
- EB = brushed stainless steel
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of the material type must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-SCHIENE-STEP-EB (brushed stainless steel) is suitable for applications requiring resistance against chemical exposure and high mechanical loadings. Application areas include industrial food production facilities such as breweries, dairies, industrial kitchens, and hospitals as well as residential spaces. Even stainless steel is not resistant to all chemical stresses, and may be affected by hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations. Special anticipated stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-SCHIENE-STEP requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.
The surfaces of stainless steel profiles can be polished with commercial chrome-polishing products. Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion.
All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of mortar residue. We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.