Schlüter-QUADEC-A Finishing profile made of anodised aluminium
Schlüter-QUADEC-A is a premium finishing proﬁle made of anodised aluminium that offers excellent edge protection for external corners of tiled walls. The visible area of the aluminium proﬁle forms a right angled external corner for tile coverings. The integrated joint spacer forms a defined joint cavity with the tile.
The aluminium profiles are available in different surface finishes to coordinate with tile and grout, fixtures and fittings or to create interesting accents in decorative design. Schlüter-QUADEC-A is designed to match the border profiles Schlüter-QUADEC-FS or Schlüter-DESIGNLINE. In addition to their decorative effect, the profiles also protect tiles in the edge area from mechanical and impact stresses.
Matching internal and external corners as well as corner pieces and connectors are available for QUADEC-A profiles to create simple and elegant connections.
- Also available in 3 m
- Radius perforation
General product information
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-QUADEC-A according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If QUADEC-A is to be installed in an exterior wall corner, complete the tiling of one wall, then apply tile adhesive in the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of QUADEC-A firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the profile chamber with tile adhesive.
- Solidly embed adjacent tiles and adjust flush with the profile’s upper edge. Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. Fill the joint completely with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially on aluminium.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-QUADEC-A is available in the following materials:
- AE = anodised aluminium
- AT = matte titanium anodised aluminium
- ACG = polished chrome anodised aluminium
- ACGB = brushed chrome anodised aluminium
- ATG = polished titanium anodised aluminium
- ATGB = brushed titanium anodised aluminium
- AEX = cross brushed satin anodised aluminium
- AMX = cross brushed satin brass anodised aluminium
- ATX = cross brushed satin titanium anodised aluminium
- AQGX = cross brushed quartz grey anodised aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-QUADEC is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes.
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified.
The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-QUADEC-A (anodised aluminium): The aluminium features an anodised surface layer that retains a uniform appearance during normal use.
Visible edges should be protected against abrasion. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation).
Remove adhesive or grout immediately from visible areas and do not cover freshly installed assemblies with a protective foil. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material to prevent water from accumulating in small cavities.
Note: Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-QUADEC-A requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
Damage to the anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.
All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.