What this product does
Schlüter-DILEX-EMP is a maintenance free stainless steel movement joint profile for absorbing horizontal movements. It is suitable for ceramic tile and natural stone coverings installed in mortar beds that are subjected to high mechanical stresses.
DILEX-EMP offers secure edge protection for coverings used by conveyor vehicles and is, therefore, suited for use in warehouses, production facilities, shopping centres and car parks, or for floor surfaces maintained with cleaning machines.
The profile system is suitable for creating expansion joints in floor coverings made of ceramic tile, natural stone, brick or agglomerate pavers over screed mortar beds. It absorbs the movements of the covering assembly with its flexible tongue and groove connection. However, the profile is not designed to absorb shear stresses. In its base position, DILEX-EMP has a visible surface in a width of 12 mm.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-DILEX-EMP according to the height of the assembly.
- Set the profile flush against the edge area of a previously completed tile covering (profile should not protrude over the surface of the covering; preferably, it should be approx. 1 mm below the top level of the covering). The lateral profile parts must be solidly embedded in the mortar.
- Install the adjacent tile covering flush against the profile and fully embed the profile.
- Fill the remaining joint space of approx. 2 mm between the profile and the covering completely with grout.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-DILEX-EMP is available in the following material version:
- E = stainless steel V2A, material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304
Material properties and areas of application
DILEX-EMP is made of stainless steel, material no. 1.4301, produced in a rollforming process and features trapezoid perforations in the centre area. The profile is highly durable and especially suited for application areas that must be resistant to chemicals and acids, such as the food industry, breweries, dairies, industrial kitchens, and hospitals as well as residential areas.
Even stainless steel is not resistant to all chemical stresses such as hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations. In certain cases, this also applies to seawater pools. Special anticipated stresses should therefore always be verified in advance.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-DILEX-EMP requires no special maintenance or care. Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner.
Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of mortar residue.
We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.