Finishing profile made of coloured PVC
Schlüter-JOLLY-P is a decorative finishing profile with a 90 degree angle made of coloured PVC to finish and protect tiled external wall corners and other tiled edges, e.g. in tiled skirtings. The right angled profile geometry forms a neat finish for tile coverings. In addition to its decorative effect, JOLLY-P also offers reliable edge protection against mechanical impact for tiles. The joint spacers on both sides create a uniform grout joint with the tile.
How to install this product
- Select the profile height of JOLLY-P according to the tile thickness and the installation method.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If the JOLLY-P profile is to be installed in wall corners, complete the tiling of one wall, then apply tile adhesive in the corner area of the second wall.
- Firmly press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of the JOLLY-P profile into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Fully embed the adjoining tiles and adjust them in such a way that the upper lip of the profile is flush with the tile.
Note: The profile may slightly protrude or be recessed in the wall area to offset dimensional variations in the covering material.
- Set the tile to the lateral joint spacer to ensure a uniform joint of 1.5 mm.
- Completely fill the space between the tile and the JOLLY-P profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Residue of grout and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
- External wall corners with JOLLY-P profiles can also be created with mitre cuts or with the optionally available external corner pieces. If using an external corner piece, the supplied plastic pins serve as an alignment aid between the profile and the corner piece. The application of grout then gives the assembly the necessary strength.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-JOLLY-P is available in the following material versions:
- P = coloured PVC
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified, based on anticipated chemical, mechanical and/or other stresses.
Schlüter-JOLLY-P (coloured PVC) is made of pre-coloured, rigid PVC which resists bending or scratching. The material is UV resistant, although it is not permanently colour stable in exterior applications.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-JOLLY-P requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on sensitive areas. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.
Note: Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.