How to install this product
- The substrate must be load bearing, level and free of components that may inhibit bonding. Any necessary levelling work must be completed before installing Schlüter-DITRA-SOUND.
- Cover the edges of the covering at rising walls or structural elements with the self-adhesive edging strip Schlüter-DITRA-SOUND-RSK to prevent stress build-up or sound transmission.
- The selection of the cementitious tile adhesive for installing Schlüter-DITRA-SOUND depends on the substrate. The adhesive must bond with the substrate and mechanically attach to the Schlüter-DITRA-SOUND anchoring fleece when curing. A dry setting cementitious tile adhesive is suitable for most substrates. Review any potential material incompatibilities beforehand.
- Apply the cementitious tile adhesive on the substrate with a notched trowel (recommended size: 3 x 3 mm or 4 x 4 mm).
- Embed the Schlüter-DITRA-SOUND panels, which must have been cut to size beforehand, in the installed adhesive, the printed side of the anchoring fleece facing down. Immediately press them in place with a float or roller, working in a single direction. The curing time of the adhesive must be observed. For efficient installation, precisely align Schlüter-DITRA-SOUND when placing it on the substrate. Install the individual panels with closely abutting joints. Remove any excess adhesive.
- Attach the self-adhesive Schlüter-DITRA-SOUND-KB sealing tape over all abutting seams to prevent sound transmission.
- To prevent any damage to the installed Schlüter-DITRA-SOUND or detachment from the substrate, it is recommended to protect the area from mechanical stresses, e.g. by setting out running boards (particularly in centre areas used for material transport).
- Immediately after adhering the Schlüter-DITRA-SOUND mat, tiles can be installed using the thin-bed method, with a cementitious tile adhesive that meets the requirements of the respective covering. Groove the cementitious tile adhesive with a notched trowel matching the corresponding tile format. All tiles must be solidly embedded in the adhesive. Full contact according to the applicable professional regulations is especially relevant for coverings exposed to high mechanical stresses. Observe the curing time of the adhesive. The adhesive must be able to cure hydraulically or through another chemical reaction in an airtight space without any water evaporation.
- Follow the instructions in the data sheet and other relevant technical regulations to install movement joints for perimeter, edge and transition profiles.