Stair nosing profile without anchoring leg
Schlüter-TREP-GK and -GLK are variants of the stair nosing profiles TREP-G/-GL without anchoring legs. These profiles made of brushed stainless steel have an adhered slip-resistant tread and can be adhered to existing steps, particularly for retrofitting over damaged edges, eliminating the need to replace the entire step.
What this product does
Schlüter-TREP-GK with a special slip-resistant tread (classification R11) made of a coloured mineral grain tape is particularly suitable for applications in areas with heavy foot traffic e.g. business premises or in public buildings.
Schlüter-TREP-GLK with a special slip-resistant tread (slip resistance class R10) made of a textured plastic insert is suitable for residential settings or areas with low foot traffic.
The stair-nosing profiles protect the front edge of stairs and add a high degree of safety due to the slip-resistant design of the tread and the excellent visibility of the steps. The slip-resistant treads are adhered to an indentation in the support profile to ensure that the edges of the adhesive tape are reliably protected.
The treads can be subsequently replaced in case of damage or wear. Matching end caps are available as accessories.
How to install this product
- Clean the stair nosings and repair damaged areas if applicable.
- Clean or degrease the underside of Schlüter-TREP-GK /-GLK.
- Adhere the profiles by fully embedding them into a suitable adhesive e.g. epoxy resin or Schlüter-KERDI-FIX (see product data sheet 8.3), depending on the substrate.
Note: The upper profile edge is approx. 1.5 mm higher than the stair covering.
Changing the slip-resistant tread
When changing the slip-resistant tread, ensure the surrounding temperature is at least 10 °C.
- Remove all residue of the previous self-adhesive tape.
- Prior to attaching the new tape, clean the surface of the profile with a solvent.
- Peel back approx. 5 cm of the protective liner and position the self-adhesive tape on the surface of the profile. Avoid touching the adhesive with your fingers.
- Peel the protective liner back further and gradually install the full length of the tape.
- Use a rubber roller to firmly press the self-adhesive tape into place. Always begin from the centre and roll toward the edges.
What this product is made from
The profiles are available in the following material:
- EB = brushed stainless steel V2A (material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304)
The profiles include an adhered slip-resistant tread: Schlüter-TREP-G/ -GK made of embedded mineral grit (R11), TREP-GL/ -GLK made of textured plastic (R10).
Material properties and areas of application
The suitability of the selected profile type must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
Schlüter-TREP-G /-GL are particularly well suited for applications that, in addition to heavy mechanical stresses, require resistance to chemicals such acidic or alkaline media or detergents.
The profiles are designed for internal and external areas. However, please note that the transparent tread only has limited UV resistance and is intended for indoor use only.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
The profiles require no special maintenance or care.
Regular removal of dirt and other residue (e.g. with a scrubbing brush) is recommended to maintain the slip-resistant function of the tread. Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces. We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.
Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of adhesive or grout residue.
Self-adhesive tape is available as an accessory for subsequent replacement in case of damage or wear.
The tape may also be installed for other purposes at the discretion and responsibility of the installer.