Textured aluminium cove shaped profile
Schlüter-DILEX-AHK-TS is a cove shaped profile made of aluminium with a special TRENDLINE textured coating and finish. The profiles are suitable for internal wall corners, countertops and shelving with ceramic tile coverings. The outer surface of DILEX-AHK-TS forms a symmetrically rounded internal corner along the surface edge. The integrated joint spacer forms a defined joint cavity with the tile. DILEX-AHK-TS is also designed for attaching tile coverings on two sides.
What this product does
The profiles are available in ten different TRENDLINE-coatings and enable elegant design options to match current tiling trends. Of course they can also be combined with our decorative finishing profiles of the RONDEC, JOLLY, SCHIENE or QUADEC series with matching textured finishes.
Matching pre-formed pieces are available to create elegant connections to the profiles at internal and external corners.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-DILEX-AHK-TS according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive, using a notched trowel, over the area where the profile is to be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of DILEX-AHK-TS firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional setting material over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Solidly embed the adjoining tiles and align them flush with the top edge of the profile. All tiles in the profile area must be solidly embedded.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of about 1.5 mm. Fill the joint completely with grout.
Note: Create a connection with an elastic material in sufficient width at internal corners where movements can be anticipated.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Mortar and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-DILEX-AHK-TS are made of aluminium featuring a variety of textured coatings.
- TS = aluminium, TRENDLINE textured coating
Material properties and areas of application
The suitability of DILEX-AHK should be reviewed based on the anticipated chemical stresses. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline. Since aluminium is sensitive to alkaline substances, exposure to the alkali (depending on the concentration and time of exposure) may result in corrosion (aluminium hydroxide formation).
Remove adhesive or grout immediately from visible areas and don't cover freshly installed assemblies with a protective foil.
Surfaces with an anodised surface layer retain a uniform appearance during normal use. They must be protected against abrasion.
DILEX-AHK-TS (textured coated aluminium) features surfaces with a natural appearance.
The coating is colour-stable, as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Surface areas must also be protected against abrasion or scratching.
Solidly embed the profiles in the setting material to prevent alkaline water from accumulating in small cavities.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
The visible surfaces of Schlüter-DILEX-AHK-TS require no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on sensitive surfaces. Damage to the anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.