General product information
What this product does
Schlüter-DILEX-EHK is a cove shaped stainless steel profile for facilitating the maintenance of internal corners of ceramic or natural stone wall surfaces where additional hygienic requirements must be met.
The profile is especially suitable for hospitals, industrial kitchens, clean rooms, washrooms and food processing plants where aesthetic appeal is desired in addition to suitability for stringent cleaning protocols.
Accessories for both DILEX-EHK and DILEX-HKS include internal and external corners and connectors.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-DILEX-EHK according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the profile is to be installed, using a notched trowel.
- Press the perforated anchoring legs of DILEX-EHK into the tile adhesive and align.
- Place additional adhesive over the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage. Trowel tile adhesive against the vertical anchoring leg at an angle.
- Profile joints and internal and external corners are covered with the appropriate special pieces and adhered using a permanently elastic, waterproof adhesive. Prior to the application, any substances which may inhibit bonding, such as grease, etc have to be removed. The special pieces should overlap the profiles by at least 10 mm.
- The tiles adjoining the profile must be solidly embedded into the adhesive bed.
- A joint of approx. 2 mm should be left between the tile and the profile. Fill the joint completely with grout.
What this product is made from
The profiles are available in the following material versions:
- E = stainless steel
- V2A, material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304
- V4A material no. 1.4404 = AISI 316L
- EB = brushed stainless steel
They are made of stainless steel produced in a rollforming process and feature trapezoid perforations on the anchoring legs.
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of the intended profile types must be verified based on the anticipated chemical and mechanical stresses. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline. The support profiles of Schlüter-DILEX-EHK are made of stainless steel V2A (material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304) or V4A (material no. 1.4404 = AISI 316L) and are particularly well suited for applications that, in addition to heavy mechanical stresses, require resistance to chemicals such as acidic or alkaline media or detergents. Depending on the anticipated chemical stresses, customers can choose between the alloy materials 1.4301 (V2A) or 1.4404 (V4A). The use of V4A is recommended if consistent exposure is expected, for example in the case of swimming pools (fresh water).
Even stainless steel of quality 1.4404 is not resistant to all chemical stresses such as hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations. In certain cases, this also applies to seawater pools. Special anticipated stresses should therefore always be verified in advance.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-DILEX-EHK requires no special maintenance or care. The profile can be cleaned along with the covering, using suitable detergents. To obtain a bright finish on the exposed surface of the profile, use a chrome polishing agent or similar.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of mortar residue. We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.