Finishing profile made of colour-coated aluminium
Schlüter-BARA-RAP is a finishing proﬁle made of colour-coated aluminium. It is used in conjunction with our support proﬁle Schlüter-BARA-RW to cover the exposed lateral edges of balconies and terraces. Featuring a simple clip-on design, Schlüter-BARA-RAP provides a neat finishing edge while protecting the exposed screed edges from deterioration and the weather.
What this product does
The trapezoid perforated anchoring leg of the Schlüter-BARA-RW carrier profile is fully embedded in the tile adhesive and integrated into the waterproofing assembly. The Schlüter-BARA-RAP profile is then clipped onto the Schlüter-BARA-RW.
The upper edge of the vertical profile leg is approximately 15 mm higher than the completed tile covering and prevents the uncontrolled drainage of precipitation or cleaning water along the balcony edges (splash protection).
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-BARA-RW as the carrier profile according to the thickness of the edge area to be covered. The combination of BARA-RW 30 and BARA-RAP in the edge area (A) matches the height of the BARA-RW profiles used on the front side (B), so that the undersides of the profiles form a consistent line around the perimeter.
- The trapezoid perforated anchoring leg of BARA-RW as the carrier profile is fully embedded in the dry set mortar at the edge of the screed. Trowel over the anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- If the Schlüter-DITRA waterproofing membrane is used for waterproofing and uncoupling, it should abut the edge of the profile. The remaining joint between the Schlüter-DITRA and the profile is covered with Schlüter-KERDI-KEBA. Use the sealing adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-COLL-L or the elastic adhesive Schlüter-KERDI-FIX to attach the sealing band with an overlap of at least 5 cm on DITRA and over the angled edge of BARA-RW, continuing in a vertical direction to just beneath the top edge of the profile.
- BARA-RAP is clipped as a finishing profile onto the BARA-RW carrier profile and can also be attached with the installation adhesive KERDI-FIX.
- The tiles are installed abutting the finishing leg of the profile, leaving an appropriate joint space to be filled with a flexible sealant.
What this product is made from
The profile is available in the following material version:
- AC = colour-coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-BARA-RAP is made of colour-coated aluminium. The coating of the aluminium profile is colour-stable, as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible surfaces should be protected against abrasion. All cavities of the setting material for embedding Schlüter-BARA-RW must be filled to prevent the collection of water, since water with a high alkaline concentration can corrode the aluminium.
In special cases, the suitability of BARA-RAP must be verified based on the anticipated chemical and mechanical stresses.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-BARA-RAP requires no special maintenance or care. The powder-coated surface of the aluminium profile is colour-stable. Damaged visible surfaces can be restored with paint.