Finishing profile made of colour coated aluminium
Schlüter-SCHIENE-AC is a finishing profile made of colour-coated aluminium. The 87 degree angle protects the edges of floor tiles from mechanical damage. The joint spacer creates a uniform joint cavity with the tile. SCHIENE-AC is suitable for interior spaces with minor mechanical stresses - see the Material tab below for more information.
- Also available in 3 m
- Radius perforation
What this product does
The profile’s unique design combines specific angle positions and material wall thicknesses to transmit point loads into the substrate and surface covering, thus protecting the covering’s edges against damage. The joint spacer defines a joint chamber with the tile. The anchoring leg of SCHIENE-AC can be punched with a radius perforation so that the profile can be used to form curves.
How to install this product
- Select the profile height according to the tile thickness and the installation method.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel.
- Press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of the profile firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional tile adhesive over the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Fully embed the adjoining tiles and adjust them in such a way that the upper lip of the profile is flush with the tile.
Note: The profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1 mm lower.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. In the case of profiles without joint spacer, a joint of approx. 1.5 mm is recommended.
- Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
What this product is made from
The profile is available in the following finishes:
- AC = colour coated aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of materials must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses.
The aluminium material of Schlüter-SCHIENE-AC is pre-treated (chrome-plated) and powder-coated with a polyurethane covering. The coating is colour-stable, as well as UV- and weather-resistant. Visible edges should be protected against abrasion.
Whilst powder-coating creates a hard, strong and decorative finish to profiles, they can still chip or mark. Careful consideration should be given to the environment the profile is being used in. For example, a powder-coated profile subject to bare feet walking on it in a bathroom floor will be much less likely to be marked or scratched than the same finish on a profile in an office, a hotel reception, a shopping mall or an airport. Care should therefore be taken to not subject profiles to undue force, unreasonable impact or excessive foot or vehicular traffic.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Tile adhesive and grout should be immediately removed from all visible surfaces using clean water. Visible surfaces may be susceptible to scratches so acidic, alkaline or abrasive cleaning chemicals should not be used.