Corner profile for external wall corners
In areas where the edges of tiled walls are exposed to high levels of stress e.g industrial kitchens, washrooms and hospitals, the stainless steel corner profile Schlüter-ECK-E offers reliable edge protection against damage or mechanical stresses, as well as a clean and decorative finish for the wall corner.
The ECK-E profile comes in both 90° and 135° (ECK-E-S) versions.
The outer surface of the ECK-E profile forms a symmetrically rounded external corner along tiled walls and can be combined with the stainless steel cove-shaped profiles DILEX-EHK as an internal wall corner and DILEX-EHKS as a floor-wall transition.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-ECK-E according to the tile thickness.
- To embed the anchoring legs, apply fresh tile adhesive appropriate to the installation substrate.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of ECK-E into the tile adhesive and align. The profile should be embedded fully in the adhesive if extreme stresses are to be anticipated.
- Trowel additional fresh tile adhesive over the entire surface of the anchoring legs to ensure it embeds fully.
- The tiles adjoining the profile must be solidly embedded into the adhesive bed and aligned flush with the upper profile edge.
- A joint of approx. 2 mm should be left between the tile and the profile. This joint is filled completely during the grouting process of the tile covering.
- Remove the protective film immediately after grouting.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-ECK-E is available in the following materials:
- E = stainless steel
- V2A, material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304
- V4A, material no. 1.4404 = AISI 316L
The visible surfaces of the profile are covered with a protective film.
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of the profile must be verified, based on the anticipated chemical or mechanical stresses.
The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
ECK-E is made of roll formed V2A (material no. 1.4301) or V4A (material no. 1.4404) stainless steel. ECK-E is highly durable and especially suited for application areas that must be resistant to chemicals and acids, such as the food industry, breweries, dairies, industrial kitchens and hospitals as well as private residences.
Depending on the anticipated stresses, customers can choose between the alloy materials 1.4301 (V2A) or 1.4404 (V4A). The use of V4A is recommended if consistent exposure is expected, for example in the case of swimming pools (fresh water).
Even stainless steel of quality V4A is not resistant to all chemical stresses such as hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations.
In certain cases, this also applies to seawater pools. The anticipated stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-ECK-E requires no special maintenance or care. The profile can be cleaned along with the tile covering, using suitable detergents.
To obtain a bright finish on the visible surface of the profile, use a chrome polishing agent or similar. Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning not only maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel, but also reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of mortar residue.
We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.