To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Rounded edge profile with joint spacer
Schlüter-RONDEC-STEP is a premium finishing profile with joint spacer for kitchen countertops or other shelves with ceramic tile coverings. The outer surface of the profile forms a symmetrically rounded external corner for tile coverings and extends down vertically to cover the exposed edge of the countertop. The aluminium profiles RONDEC-STEP, which are available in two finish options create interesting contrasts with the surrounding coverings. In addition, the profiles also offer reliable edge protection against mechanical impact for the tiles in the edge area.
Matching pre-fabricated pieces are available to create elegant connections to RONDEC-STEP at internal and external corners.
- MyDesign Printing
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-RONDEC-STEP according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive, using a notched trowel, over the area where the profile is to be placed.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of RONDEC-STEP into the adhesive bed and align.
- Trowel additional setting material over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile; the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1 mm lower. All tiles in the profile area must be completely set.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which ensures a uniform joint of 1.5 mm.
- Fill the space between the tile and the profile completely with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Grout and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-RONDEC-STEP is made of aluminium and is available in a variety of anodised surface finishing options.
- AE = anodised aluminium
- ACGB = brushed chrome anodised aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
RONDEC-STEP must be tested to verify its suitability if chemical exposure is expected. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media.
Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation).
For this reason, remove adhesive or grouting material immediately from all visible areas and do not cover freshly installed coverings with foil.
Solidly embed the profile in the setting material to prevent alkaline water from accumulating in small cavities.
RONDEC-STEP profiles have an anodised surface layer that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. Protect the surface from abrasion or scratching.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
The visible surface of Schlüter-RONDEC-STEP requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on sensitive surfaces. Damage to the anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.