To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
Rounded finishing profile made of aluminium
Schlüter-RONDEC-DB is a special aluminium profile for external wall corners, skirting tiles, and decorative borders, while protecting the tile covering from mechanical or impact stresses. The rounded edges of RONDEC-DB create an especially neat and elegant finish.
In addition to their decorative effect, RONDEC-DB profiles also offer reliable edge protection against mechanical impact for the tiles in the edge area. RONDEC-DB can also be used as a finishing profile within wall surfaces; e.g. at corners or skirtings, where other covering materials such as plaster, wallpaper, or tiles are to be joined.
- MyDesign RAL color
How to install this product
- Schlüter-RONDEC-DB can be used with tiles in thicknesses from 6 to 12 mm.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If RONDEC-DB is used at external wall corners, finish tiling one wall first; then apply tile adhesive to the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of RONDEC-DB firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional tile adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Firmly press the adjoining tiles into place and align them. Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially on aluminium.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-RONDEC-DB is available in aluminium (-A), anodised aluminium (-AE), and brass anodised aluminium (-AM).
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-RONDEC-DB-A is made of aluminium and must be tested to verify its suitability if chemical exposure is expected. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation). Therefore, it is important to remove adhesive or grout residue from visible surfaces. Solidly embed the profile in the setting material to prevent alkaline water from accumulating in small cavities.
Schlüter-RONDEC-DB-AE and -AM are made of anodised aluminium. The anodised layer retains a uniform appearance during normal use. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation). For this reason, remove adhesive or grouting material immediately from all visible areas and do not cover freshly installed coverings with foil. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material to prevent water from accumulating in small cavities.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
The visible surface area of Schlüter-RONDEC-DB requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on sensitive surfaces.
The oxidation layer on aluminium can be removed by using a conventional polishing agent, but will form again. Damage to the anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.