To make completely individual colour wishes come true, our new Schlüter-MyDesign series now goes even further: Selected profiles, SHELF shelves and accessories are available in 190 RAL Classic colour shades - for even greater design freedom with that certain "colourful" something!
U-shaped profile for decorative joint design
Thanks to their U-shaped design, our special profiles of the Schlüter-DECO-SG product range offer a wide range of installation options in floors and walls. The high-quality design profile is available in brushed stainless steel (V4A) or anodised aluminium, which makes it ideally suited for creating shower partitions in floor-level showers based on the insertion of glass elements in floor and wall areas.
- MyDesign RAL color
What this product does
Schlüter-DECO-SG is a decorative profile made of brushed stainless steel (V4A) or anodised aluminium for joint design in tile coverings. The profile forms a shadow joint in a width of 12 or 15 mm that allows for creating particularly appealing interior wall coverings.
Thanks to its U-shaped geometry, the profile is ideally suited for the insertion of glass elements in floor and wall areas in conjunction with floor-level showers. In floor areas, Schlüter-DECO-SG forms a functional and decorative solution in combination with the tapered profiles Schlüter-SHOWERPROFILE.
The illumination set Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLPM is a pre-assembled LED module made from a flexible, encapsulated LED strip with homogeneous light distribution and DECO-SG as a receptacle profile (see product data sheet 15.8 Schlüter-LIPROTEC-LLPM/-LLP/-LLPE).
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-DECO-SG according to the tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end.
- Press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of DECO-SG firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional tile adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Firmly press the adjoining tiles into place and align them in such a way that they are flush with the upper profile edge. The tiles must be fully embedded in the area of the profile.
- Leave a joint of approx. 1.5 mm between the tile and the profile. Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Residue of mortar and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
- Glass elements may be inserted into DECO-SG after the final installation.
Important: The glass may not be in direct contact with the profile. Suitable spacers should be used. Seal the joints with silicone.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-DECO-SG is available in the following materials:
- AE = anodised aluminium
- EB = brushed stainless steel (V4A) material no. 1.4404 = AISI 316L
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of the material type must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Anodised aluminium: The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation).
For this reason, remove adhesive or grouting residue immediately from all visible areas and do not cover freshly installed coverings with foil. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material to prevent water from accumulating in small cavities.
Stainless steel: Stainless steel can withstand high mechanical stress and is highly resistant against chemicals. Even stainless steel of quality 1.4404 is not resistant to all chemical stresses. Substances such as hydrochloric or hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations may cause damage. The anticipated chemical stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-DECO-SG requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.
Regularly treat stainless steel surfaces with a polish such as Schlüter-CLEAN-CP to retain their shine.