Finishing profile for external wall corners, 135° angle
Schlüter-DECO-DE is a high-quality stainless steel finishing profile for 135° degree external wall corners in tile coverings. In addition to the decorative properties of the profile, it effectively protects the edges of tiles from mechanical damage. DECO-DE can be combined with the corresponding Schlüter-QUADEC proﬁles for external wall corners.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-DECO-DE according to tile thickness.
- Using a notched trowel, apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end. If Schlüter-DECO-DE is to be used as edging for an external wall corner, first tile one wall completely; then apply tile adhesive along the edge area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of Schlüter-DECO-DE firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the profile chamber with tile adhesive.
- Solidly embed adjacent tiles and adjust flush with the profile’s upper edge. The tiles must be fully embedded in the area of the profile.
- In case of stainless steel profiles, leave a space of approx. 1.5 mm. Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Residue of mortar and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-DECO-DE is available in the following materials:
- E = stainless steel V2A, material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304
- EB = brushed stainless steel
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of a selected material type must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-DECO-DE is made of roll formed V2A stainless steel (material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304). Stainless steel is particularly well suited for applications that, in addition to heavy mechanical stresses, require resistance to chemicals such acidic or alkaline media and detergents. Even stainless steel is not resistant to all chemical stresses, and may be affected by hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations. In certain cases, this also applies to seawater pools. Special anticipated stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-DECO-DE requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid. Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of mortar residue. We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.