Finishing profile made of brushed stainless steel
Schlüter-JOLLY-EB is a decorative finishing profile made of brushed stainless steel to finish and protect tiled external wall corners and other tiled edges, e.g. tiled skirting. Its 90 degree angled finishing leg offers reliable edge protection against mechanical damage for the tiles. The joint spacers on both sides create a uniform grout joint with the tile. The geometric profile undercutting offers additional bonding surface for the grout.
Matching corners with an innovative plug-in connection system are also available for all our JOLLY profiles, making it easy to create neat and decorative corner designs.
- Also available in 3 m
- Radius perforation
How to install this product
- Select the profile height of the JOLLY-EB finishing profile according to the tile thickness and the installation method.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If the JOLLY-EB profile is to be installed in wall corners, complete the tiling of one wall, then apply tile adhesive in the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of the JOLLY-EB profile firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Fully embed the adjoining tiles and adjust them in such a way that the upper lip of the profile is flush with the tile.
Note: The profile may slightly protrude or be recessed in the wall area to offset dimensional variations in the covering material.
- Set the tile to the lateral joint spacer to ensure a uniform joint.
- Completely fill the space between the tile and the JOLLY-EB profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Residue of mortar and tile adhesive should be removed immediately.
- External wall corners with JOLLY-EB profiles can also be created with mitre cuts or with the optionally available external corner pieces. If using an external corner piece, the supplied plastic pins serve as an alignment aid between the profile and the corner piece. The application of grout then gives the assembly the necessary strength.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-JOLLY-EB is available in the following material versions:
- EB = brushed stainless steel
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified, based on anticipated chemical, mechanical and/or other stresses.
Schlüter-JOLLY-EB is made of roll formed V2A stainless steel (material no. 1.4301). JOLLY-EB is highly durable and especially suited for application areas that must be resistant to chemicals and acids, such as the food industry, breweries, dairies, industrial kitchens and hospitals.
The anticipated stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-JOLLY-EB requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on sensitive areas. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.
Note: Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.