Finishing profile made of anodised aluminium
Schlüter-JOLLY-AE is a decorative finishing profile made of anodised aluminium to finish and protect tiled external wall corners and other tiled edges, e.g. tiled skirting. Its 90 degree angled finishing leg offers reliable edge protection against mechanical damage for the tiles. The joint spacers on both sides create a uniform grout joint with the tile. The geometric profile undercutting offers additional bonding surface for the grout.
Matching corners with an innovative plug-in connection system are also available for all our JOLLY-AE profiles, making it easy to create neat and decorative corners.
- Also available in 3 m
- Radius perforation
How to install this product
- Select the profile height of JOLLY-AE according to the tile thickness and the installation method.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If the JOLLY-AE profile is to be installed in wall corners, complete the tiling of one wall, then apply tile adhesive in the corner area of the second wall.
- Firmly press the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg of the JOLLY-AE profile into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Fully embed the adjoining tiles and adjust them in such a way that the upper lip of the profile is flush with the tile.
Note: The profile may slightly protrude or be recessed in the wall area to offset dimensional variations in the covering material.
- Set the tile to the lateral joint spacer to ensure a uniform joint of 1.5 mm.
- Completely fill the space between the tile and the JOLLY-AE profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially on aluminium.
- External wall corners with JOLLY-AE profiles can also be created with mitre cuts or with the optionally available external corner pieces. If using an external corner piece, the supplied plastic pins serve as an alignment aid between the profile and the corner piece. The application of grout then gives the assembly the necessary strength.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-JOLLY-AE is available in the following material versions:
- AK = matte copper/bronze anodised aluminium
- AM = matte brass anodised aluminium
- AT = matte titanium anodised aluminium
- ACG = polished chrome anodised aluminium
- AKG = polished copper/bronze anodised aluminium
- AMG = polished brass anodised aluminium
- ATG = polished titanium anodised aluminium
- ABGB = brushed antique bronze anodised aluminium
- ACGB = brushed chrome anodised aluminium
- AGRB = brushed chrome graphite anodised aluminium
- AGSG = polished chrome black anodised aluminium
- AKGB = brushed copper/bronze anodised aluminium
- AMGB = brushed brass anodised aluminium
- ATGB = brushed titanium anodised aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
In special cases, the suitability of a proposed type of profile must be verified, based on anticipated chemical, mechanical and/or other stresses.
Schlüter-JOLLY-AE (anodised aluminium): The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation). For this reason, remove adhesive or grouting material immediately from all visible areas and do not cover freshly installed coverings until the adhesive and grout have dried. Solidly embed the profile in the setting material to prevent alkaline water from accumulating in small cavities.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-JOLLY-AE requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on sensitive areas. Damaged anodised surfaces can be restored with paint.
Note: Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.