Schlüter-RONDEC-E Rounded stainless steel finishing profile
Schlüter-RONDEC-E is a symmetrically rounded stainless steel proﬁle for external wall corners or the edges of coverings. The stainless steel profiles, which are available in different finish options are especially durable. In addition to their decorative effect, they also offer reliable edge protection against mechanical impact for the tiles in the edge area. RONDEC-E is suitable for use as a transition or stair nosing profile. It also creates elegant borders in combination with Schlüter-DESIGNLINE. RONDEC-E is also suitable for creating transitions, corners or skirtings with other covering materials such as carpet, parquet, natural stone or epoxy resin finishes.
Matching corner pieces, connectors and end caps are available for RONDEC-E profiles to create simple and elegant connections to internal and external corners.
- Also available in 3 m
- Radius perforation
General product information
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-RONDEC-E according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the tile covering will end, using a notched trowel. If RONDEC-E is used at external wall corners, finish tiling one wall first; then apply tile adhesive to the corner area of the second wall.
- Press the perforated anchoring leg of RONDEC-E firmly into the adhesive and align it.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage and fill the rounded cavity with tile adhesive.
- Solidly embed adjacent tiles and adjust them flush with the profile’s upper edge. Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- The tile is set to the lateral joint spacer, which creates an evenly spaced joint of 1.5 mm. In the case of stainless steel, brass and PRG profiles, a joint of approx. 1.5 mm is recommended. Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
- Use suitable materials and tools for the sensitive surfaces to avoid scratches or other damage. Setting materials must be removed immediately, especially on aluminium.
- Matching preformed inside and outside corner pieces are available.
What this product is made from
The profile is available in the following materials:
- E = stainless steel
- V2A, material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304
- V4A material no. 1.4404 = AISI 316L
- EB = brushed stainless steel
- EP = polished stainless steel
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-RONDEC is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes.
In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
Schlüter-RONDEC-E (stainless steel), made of material 1.4301 (V2A) or 1.4404 (V4A), is suitable for applications requiring resistance against chemical exposure and high mechanical stresses. Application areas include industrial food production facilities such as breweries, dairies, industrial kitchens, and hospitals as well as residential spaces. Depending on the anticipated chemical stresses, customers can choose between the alloy materials 1.4301 (V2A) or 1.4404 (V4A). The use of V4A is recommended if consistent exposure is expected, for example in the case of swimming pools (fresh water).
Even stainless steel of quality 1.4404 is not resistant to all chemical stresses such as hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations.
In certain cases, this also applies to salt water pools. The anticipated chemical stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
Note: Due to different manufacturing processes, slight colour discrepancies between the profiles and the corners may occur.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-RONDEC-E requires no special maintenance or care. Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces.
The surfaces of stainless steel profiles can be polished with commercial chrome-polishing products.
Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner. Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of adhesive or grout residue. We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.