Frameless channel cover
KERDI-LINE-D is a completely frameless channel cover. The covering is available in 14 different lengths from 49 - 179 cm and must match the length of the selected channel.
Please note: This product cannot be combined with the off-centre vertical drainage KERDI-LINE-VOS.
How to install this product
Follow the installation steps of the relevent KERDI-LINE linear drainage systems KERDI-LINE-H/ -KERDI-LINE-H 50 G2/ -KERDI-LINE-F/ -KERDI-LINE-V or -KERDI-LINE-V 50 G2 (refer to the products for detailed instructions).
Mounting the Schlüter-KERDI-LINE-D frameless covering support
- For wall installation, adhere the cover strip facing the wall, as shown, after removing the protective foil.
- Then place the spacers in the channel body.
- Install the covering of the shower area up to the channel body. Remove any excess thin-bed mortar completely and seal any open areas in the adhesive layer (see note).
- In wall installation, the width (B) of the covering corresponds to the clearance from the wall to the inside edge of the spacer less 1 mm.
For intermediate installation, the width of the covering corresponds to the inside width of the spacer (= 50 mm).
At the exposed edges, the cover can either be adapted to the joint width of the entire covering or installed as a perimeter drainage.
- Remove the spacers once the covering has cured and apply thin-bed mortar to the covering support.
- Then adhere the covering with thin-bed mortar and align it. Leave the area of the covering support open when installing the cement grout.
Note: Remove any excess thin-bed mortar completely and seal any open areas in the adhesive layer.
Note: The use of acetic-crosslinking silicone is not permissible on channels, frames and grates.
What this product is made from
The stainless steel frames and grates are available in the following material version:
- V4A, material no. 1.4404 = AISI 316L.
Finish options of profile frames and grates:
- EB = brushed stainless steel
- EP = polished stainless steel
- EC = stainless steel, powder coated
Material properties and areas of application
The channel bodies, frames and grates are classified as K3 according to DIN EN 1253, Gullies for buildings. This class refers to areas without vehicle traffic, e.g. wetrooms in apartments, nursing homes, hotels, schools, and public washroom and shower facilities.
Channel bodies, frames and grates are suitable for wheelchair traffic.
KERDI-LINE in the brushed stainless steel V4A version (material no. 1.4404 = AISI 316L) is especially suitable for applications requiring resistance against chemical exposure and high mechanical stresses.
Even stainless steel of quality 1.4404 is not resistant to all chemical stresses such as hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations.
In certain cases, this also applies to seawater pools. The suitability of a proposed floor drain system must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical and/or other stresses. Aggressive cleaning products should not be used.
The profile frames as well as the matching stainless steel grates A, B and C are also available with a textured finish. These are surfaces with a natural appearance. The stainless steel is pre-treated, then powder-coated with a polyurethane covering. The colour-stable coating is UV and weather-resistant. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of mortar residue.
Do not use abrasive cleaning agents on the sensitive surfaces (especially for EP = polished stainless steel).
We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.