Schlüter-DESIGNLINE is available in the following materials:
- E = polished stainless steel V2A, material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304
- EB = brushed stainless steel
- MC = chrome plated brass
- C/A = MyDesign by Schlüter-Systems
- AE = anodised aluminium
- AK = satin copper/bronze anodised aluminium
- AM = satin brass anodised aluminium
- AT = satin titanium anodised aluminium
- ACG = polished chrome anodised aluminium
- AKG = polished copper/bronze anodised aluminium
- AMG = polished brass anodised aluminium
- ATG = polished titanium anodised aluminium
- ACGB = brushed chrome anodised aluminium
- AKGB = brushed copper/bronze anodised aluminium
- AMGB = brushed brass anodised aluminium
- ATGB = brushed titanium anodised aluminium
Material properties and areas of application
Schlüter-DESIGNLINE is available in a wide variety of materials and finishes. In applications exposed to chemical or mechanical stresses, the profile’s suitability must be verified. The information provided below is intended as a general guideline.
DESIGNLINE-E is made of roll formed stainless steel V2A (material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304). Stainless steel is particularly well suited for applications that, in addition to heavy mechanical stresses, require resistance to chemicals such acidic or alkaline media and detergents. Even stainless steel is not resistant to all chemical stresses, and may be affected by hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations. In certain cases, this also applies to seawater pools. Special anticipated stresses should therefore be verified in advance.
DESIGNLINE-MC (chrome plated brass) is particularly well suited for wall coverings, for example to match chrome-plated fittings in bathrooms. Visible surfaces should be protected against abrasion. Remove all adhesive and grouting material immediately.
DESIGNLINE-AE/ -ACG/ -ACGB/ -AM/ -AMG/ -AMGB/ -AK/ -AKG/ -AKGB/ -AT/ -ATG/ -ATGB (anodised aluminium): The aluminium features an anodised finish that retains a uniform appearance during normal use. Surface areas must be protected against abrasion or scratching. Aluminium is sensitive to alkaline media. Cementitious materials, in conjunction with moisture, become alkaline, which may result in corrosion depending on the concentration and length of exposure (aluminium hydroxide formation). For this reason, remove adhesive or grouting material immediately from all visible areas and do not cover freshly installed coverings with foil. In addition, ensure that the profile is solidly embedded in the setting material to prevent water from accumulating in small cavities.