Flexible joining profile for structural components
Schlüter-DILEX-AS is a pre-fabricated two part profile for the flexible connection of tiled surfaces to building fixtures, i.e. bathtubs, pre-fabricated shower trays, as well as door and window frames. The profile is suitable for adjoining tile or natural stone coverings in thicknesses of 4 to 10 mm.
What this product does
Schlüter-DILEX-AS features a trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg which anchors the profile solidly below the tile covering. The bottom part of the tongue and groove connection features an adhesive foam strip that is adhered to the structural component to absorb movements between the tile covering and the component.
The profile does not replace any waterproofing, but its two part tongue and groove connection forms a water barrier - even with height displacement.
Required waterproofing must be installed prior to the installation of the profile. Schlüter-DILEX-AS prevents sound bridges and reduces the transmission of impact sound.
Accessories include matching end caps and internal corners.
How to install this product
- Thoroughly clean the contact area on adjoining fixtures where the profile will be positioned.
- Using a notched trowel, apply tile adhesive over the area where the trapezoid-perforated anchoring leg will be placed.
- Remove the silicone paper from the self-adhesive tape. Press the profile with self-adhesive tape against the fixture in such a way that the perforated anchoring leg can also be pressed into the applied tile adhesive.
- Install necessary internal corners and end caps with silicone or Schlüter-KERDI-FIX.
- Trowel additional adhesive over the perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- A joint of approx. 2 mm should be left between the tile and the profile.
- Fill the joint completely with grout.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-DILEX-AS consists of a trapezoid-perforated anchoring angle of rigid PVC and a flexible connection lip made of soft PVC. The bottom part of the tongue and groove connection features an adhesive foam strip.
Material properties and areas of application
The profile is resistant to most chemicals encountered in tiled environments, as well as to fungi and bacteria.
In special cases, the suitability of DILEX-AS must be verified based on the anticipated chemical and/or mechanical stresses.
DILEX-AS is installed at the perimeter of tiled surfaces as a flexible connection to fixed building elements such as bathtubs, showers, door and window frames, or kitchen countertops.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-DILEX-AS is resistant to fungi and bacteria and requires no special maintenance or care. The profile can be cleaned with regular household detergents when cleaning the tile covering.