What this product does
Schlüter-DILEX-EDP is a maintenance free stainless steel movement profile for absorbing horizontal movements. It is suitable for ceramic tile and natural stone coverings subjected to high mechanical stresses.
DILEX-EDP offers secure edge protection for surfaces used by conveyor vehicles and is, therefore, suited for use in warehouses, production facilities, shopping centres and car parks, or for floor surfaces maintained with cleaning machines.
The movements of the covering assembly are absorbed by the flexible tongue and groove connection. In its base position, the visible width of the DILEX-EDP profile is 12 mm. Since the tongue and groove connection is unable to absorb height displacement, an insert to prevent vertical height displacement must be installed in the screed.
The side sections of the profile provide effective edge protection for the surface covering.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-DILEX-EDP according to tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the profile is to be installed, using a notched trowel.
- Press the perforated anchoring legs of DILEX-EDP into the tile adhesive and align. The profile must align directly with expansion and movement joints in the substrate below.
- Trowel tile adhesive over the trapezoid perforated anchoring legs to ensure full coverage. Trowel tile adhesive against the vertical anchoring legs at an angle.
- Firmly press the adjoining tiles into place and align them in such a way that the upper profile edge is flush with the tile (profile should not protrude over the surface of the covering; preferably, it should be approx. 1 mm below the top level of the covering). Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg. Always adjoin the uncut tile edge to the profile.
- Leave a joint of approx. 2 mm to the profile, and completely fill the joint between the profile and the tile with grout.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-DILEX-EDP is available in the following material version:
- E = stainless steel V2A, material no. 1.4301 = AISI 304
Material properties and areas of application
DILEX-EDP is made of stainless steel, material no. 1.4301, produced in a rollforming process, and features trapezoid perforations on the anchoring legs.
The profile is highly durable and especially suited for application areas that must be resistant to chemicals and acids, such as the food industry, breweries, dairies, industrial kitchens, and hospitals as well as residential areas. Even stainless steel is not resistant to all chemical stresses such as hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid or certain chloride and brine concentrations. In certain cases, this also applies to seawater pools. Special anticipated stresses should therefore always be verified in advance.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-DILEX-EDP requires no special maintenance or care. Stainless steel surfaces exposed to the environment or aggressive substances should be cleaned periodically using a mild household cleaner.
Regular cleaning maintains the neat appearance of stainless steel and reduces the risk of corrosion. All cleaning agents must be free of hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acid.
Avoid contact with other metals, such as regular steel, to prevent corrosion. This also includes installation tools such as trowels or steel wool, e.g. for the removal of mortar residue.
We recommend the use of the stainless steel cleaning polish Schlüter-CLEAN-CP.