What this product does
Schlüter-DILEX-BWB is a pre-fabricated movement profile for installation in tiled coverings. The perforated anchoring legs, made of recycled rigid PVC, are secured in the tile adhesive beneath the tiles where they transmit occurring movements to the movement zone (the upper movement zone is also the visible surface).
The movement zone absorbs compressive, tensile, and shear stresses. The movement zone and visible area is made of soft CPE. Its width of 10 mm matches the customary width of movement joints. It is capable of accommodating relatively large movements.
In addition to residential applications, DILEX-BWB can also be installed in areas with moderate traffic loads, such as offices or salesrooms.
The profiles are also suited for exterior use, e.g. on facades or balconies.
How to install this product
- Select Schlüter-DILEX-BWB according to the tile thickness.
- Apply tile adhesive to the area where the profile is to be installed, using a notched trowel.
- Press the perforated anchoring legs of DILEX-BWB into the tile adhesive and align. The profile must align with movement joints in the substrate.
- Trowel additional tile adhesive over the trapezoid perforated anchoring leg to ensure full coverage.
- Solidly embed the tiles so that the tiled surface is flush with the top of the profile (the profile should not be higher than the tiled surface, but rather up to approx. 1 mm lower). Full coverage must be obtained between the tile and the profile’s anchoring leg.
- A joint of approx. 2 mm should be left between the tile and the profile.
- Completely fill the space between the tile and the profile with grout.
Since cement-based grouting materials cannot establish a lasting bond with synthetic materials, cracking of the profile joint cannot be ruled out.
What this product is made from
Schlüter-DILEX-BWB consists of lateral perforated anchoring legs and side sections made of recycled rigid PVC, connected by a bottom and top movement zone made of soft CPE.
Material properties and areas of application
The material is resistant to most chemicals commonly encountered in tiled environments and is formulated to inhibit fungus and bacteria growth.
In special cases, the suitability of materials must be verified based on the anticipated chemical, mechanical, and/or other stresses. The CPE movement zones of the profile are UV resistant and free of plasticisers.
DILEX-BWB is a movement joint profile for tile coverings set in the thin bed method. The profile must align directly over the existing movement joints in the substrate. It is not suited for use above structural expansion joints.
Maintenance & Care
How to look after this product
Schlüter-DILEX-BWB is resistant to fungi and bacteria and requires no special maintenance or care. The profile can be cleaned with regular household detergents when cleaning the tile covering.